Thread: Fs: 1972 2.4 911t #9112101785

Fs: 1972 2.4 911t #9112101785

Hello All, THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD! Thanks for all the interest.
    I have finally decided to part with this car. it is a documented 82,xxx mile Silver/Black 911T that I bought last year from the original owner and spent a lot of effort (and green stuff) getting it back up and running. I have the original window sticker, every invoice, manuals, complete tool kit and jack. The owner even gave me a nice letter describing his first impressions of the car and why he ordered it the way he did. It was repainted once in the 70's, due to a scratched fender on delivery that could not be matched properly! The paint is excellent, 9 out of 10.
    This car was purchased in June, 1972 from Brumos with all S options with the exception of the engine. It has S brakes, shocks, swaybars, gauges, trim and front spoiler all on the original invoice in addition to factory AC option, 5-speed, metallic paint, allow wheels (dated 3-72), upgraded Becker Europa radio, Sport S seats, appearance group trim and the rear collision bar. It was over $10000 new!
    You can ding the car for some updated interior parts, the owner replaced the door pockets with newer ones that he said "don't fall down" for example, it has more than its share of oil drips and the hood seal is showing some cracks. That's the bad news.
    The good news is that the car is in excellent condition with no rust, no accident damage and has had a lot of mechanical work done. The entire fuel system has been gone through, including the MFI pump rebuild from Gus, all maintenance work up to date, new tires, brake system gone through with new pads and rotors up front, shifter and hand throttle bushings, stainless heater boxes, batteries, flywheel clutch and pressure plate, wiper motor and lots of small items that needed attention. I have a complete list if you are interested.
    Everything works on the car; from the clock to the radio, interior lights, gauges, etc. Lots of time spent on the little details to get this car back in shape. I have put over 400 miles on the car and it runs better with each mile, the doors still "ring" when shut and it is a pleasure to drive. You can come pick this one up and drive it home, or I will help you get it shipped. I am asking $36,000 for this car, open to offers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration
    911, 912, 911R, RS, RSR, IROC

Nice T Cole. I like it.

Bill
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

Does it have a sunroof?
    72S, 72T now ST

72 t

Thanks Bill, and no Longballa it doesn't have a sunroof. Its funny that he made some notes on the order sheet about the roof which I think was a $400 option. He took a $400 Becker Grand Prix radio instead, where are the priorities?

To answer a few more questions, yes, it has a leather wrapped steering wheel, and the engine has less than 15% leakdown across the board. No smoke, pulls strong and smooth. Its just a nice car that drives like it should.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration

It's a big plus to me that it doesn't have a sunroof. Nice car. I'm dreaming of dropping some kind of Short Stroke in it and driving the heck out of it.
    72S, 72T now ST

Short stroke

I can fix that for you...
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration

What a great car!
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by cscrogham View Post
    Hello All, THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD! Thanks for all the interest.
    Well done Cole.

Just wrong timing for me