Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973 911S Sunroof, Auburgine/tan

FS: 1973 911S Sunroof, Auburgine/tan

I have a very nicely restored 73 911S with all matching numbers, factory sunroof, sport seats, etc, etc. Priced at $85K.

For more photos please follow the link below. I've also attached a PDF file with details about the car.

http://willhoit356.smugmug.com/Other...65885805_GYfKo

For info please call me anytime on my cell at (714) 356-1735.

John Willhoit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Three great cars (67, 69 & 73) listed representing a great S cross section.

Beautiful car good luck w/ your sale.

What size tires are on the 8"s ?
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

185/70 front, 215/60 rear

I saw this car on my trip out to OC over new years and it is a real beauty. It is as close to an RS as you can get with out buying a proper vin #. I really like the stance of the car and the RS wheels and flares. When I saw the car it had a rally muffler on it (very nice quality), not sure if it still has this feature as it is not shown on the pictures. If I remember correctly the car also has a Superformance (?) fender cooler with internally routed oil lines. It is very well done, very trick.
    Chad
    Early S member #1110
    '71 911 T Targa, 2.7 RS spec, sport seats "Milt"
    '90 928 S4, 37K mi.,grand prix white, cashmere "Bridget"

Yep, it had a Sycip rally muffler last time I saw it in Chicago. Too bad it is gone as it really sounded great. Agreed Chad, it is a great looking car in person.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Man...it's hard to get anything past you guys. I swapped the rallye muffler with the Borla that was on my own 911S. The Borla is stainless, and sounded good, but I couldn't resist the look of that Rallye muffler.

My understanding is that this car is a California Porsche restoration... I talked to Tony about the interior a little bit today regarding that particular carpeting as it's something that Tony had found and it's extremely rare. Tony mentioned that he had the car in for Brian over at CP a few months ago (Tony does all of CP's interiors now). The only reason that I even asked the question was that I know that John hasn't been using Tony for his interiors and I was wondering if he had started using Tony.

Beautiful car... would love to have it!

cheers,
    Eric

No, it's not a Cal Pors Resto car. The previous owner bought the car in Monterey CA in 2007. The engine and trans were done by Supertech in Fallbrook, CA in 2007 and Tony did the interior while the work was being done...also in 2007. The owner then took the car to Chicago, IL and it was painted there in 2008. I took it in trade on a 356.

Since Supertech does the engines for CPR that must be the confusion...it must have been another car at Tony's.

My error! Tony hasn't seen the pic of this car, I just described it to him over the phone.

Small world on car colors, I just talked to two other guys in the last 3 days with Aubergine 73S's....

Heck of a car... looks like it's a great buy! Shouldn't last long....

cheers,
    Eric

slight history

This was a well cared for car when it lived in Monterey. I should have bought it then. [But we ALL say that, don't we!].

Very nice car. The images don't do it justice. Must see in person.
    JR