Thread: headlight screens

headlight screens

Id like to know if headlight screens were an option on early 911s. Does anyone have them on an original 911?

None seen in the 1965 Accessories Price List. Probably a Les Leston/MG Mitten/Vilem Haan/Empi type item.

356s had them as a factory option. Ive seen a few 911-912s with them but dont see them on the list of options. They were CuD brand made in England. I have also seen Lucas Flame Throwers with stone guards as a factory 356 option.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Better picture of the factory style Tenax fastener stone guards, albeit on my 356.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Im talking about the type that connect to the rim with knurled thumbscrews. The Lucas flamethrowers with [Cud with thumbscrews] screens were up on ebay and claimed to be recorded on the Kardex, I cant be sure of the authenticity. Ive also seen pictures of a Carrera 356 with stone guards over the oil cooler openings claimed to be original. And I've seen the thumbscrew type on a couple of SWB 911s again the CuD type. They may have been dealer or owner installed.

Similar Threads

1. Weber air screens for 40 &46IDA3Cs
    By 1QuickS in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. vent screens
    By speedo in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
  3. 906 911R carburetor screens
    By BURN-BROS in forum For Sale: 911 Parts