Nikolay from Bulgaria has asked me to post a link to this thread http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto...ujet379176.htm
where he is asking for any information that anyone may have on the yellow Recce car for the 1978 Safari Rally, registration BB-JE-917, which despite it having the appearance of a G series or later car, may have been a rebuilt 1973 factory rally RSR.

These is some evidence, including from contributions from this board, that this car may be the reincarnation of the second TdC RSR in 1972 which is now thought to be 911 360 0019.

Unfortunately while Nikolay can read the posts on this board, for some reason he has been unable to post here, hence him asking me to do so on his behalf.

He (and I am sure others) would appreciate any information members of this board can provide on this car.

Further information on the yellow car is that it appears to be the car "Fahrgestell-Nr. 911 330 0789" referred to by Jurgen Barth and also referred by him as "1972 Carrera RS2.8 ”Corsica” and as Trainingswagen for 1978 Safari Rally”

However work done by Jim Calzia in particular suggests that "911 330 0789" referred to also in the RS book as the Waldegaard TdC car from 1972 (although such a chassis number could not have been built by the time of the event) may indeed really be 911 360 0019, R1.