Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: '67S Coupe for ~$78K

FS: '67S Coupe for ~$78K

No Affiliation

According to the engine number Tom Adams' 67S is available with a dealer in Germany for what appears to be a fair price.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...g=&tabNumber=1
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Very nice, let the critique begin . 68 sport seats, incorrect front lid pull.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Very nice, let the critique begin . 68 sport seats, incorrect front lid pull.
    Nice try... the sport seats are not 1968.....

....pass the popcorn, this could get good.
    Robert
    964R Gruppe #001
    911S Member #1444

Couple of things worth pointing out.
    1) The car is running an MSD CDI box with blaster coil. Not a bad thing by any means but not original either. He might have tried to hide it a little better though.
    2) The car is apparently located now in germany but there is no reference in the listing about that car having been thru the German TUV, and it certainly appears that it hasn't been since the car still has its US lenses, Speedometer and K&N Air Filters, which I know from my own experience would not be accepted. In addition, the Germans won't allow the early US Hellas on the road. The new owner, assuming the car goes to a German, will need to spend some extra money on getting the car passed.
    Overall a nice looking car, although the car color seems more like grand Prix white than light ivory. Was Grand Prix White an option back in 1967?

Cool car. I missed it when Tom was originally considering selling it. The interior is absolutely beautiful.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Couple of things worth pointing out.
    1) The car is running an MSD CDI box with blaster coil. Not a bad thing by any means but not original either. He might have tried to hide it a little better though.
    2) The car is apparently located now in germany but there is no reference in the listing about that car having been thru the German TUV, and it certainly appears that it hasn't been since the car still has its US lenses, Speedometer and K&N Air Filters, which I know from my own experience would not be accepted. In addition, the Germans won't allow the early US Hellas on the road. The new owner, assuming the car goes to a German, will need to spend some extra money on getting the car passed.
    Overall a nice looking car, although the car color seems more like grand Prix white than light ivory. Was Grand Prix White an option back in 1967?
    I've seen the car next to Grand Prix white down at Gary Emory's, and it's much more Ivory. It had the stock air cleaner on it at that time, and that's probably an easy fix. You could barely see the MSD when it had the stock air cleaner on it. If it was moved to the middle, you can't see it at all with the stock cleaner on it as I've got one on my blue coupe and it's not visible.

Wasn't aware you couldn't run US type headlights though... the lamps themselves appear to be the halogen type replacement bulbs. Euro turn and tail will be a tough find, unless the repro's are used.

Nice car....

E

Wink Not easy!

Boy, you guys are tough!

The car is offered under $ 80.000, a lot less than other 911S being offered on this forum recently.

Based from the available photographs, this car doesn't immedialely jump out as being in a lesser state.

The lower price will permit the new owner to address further detailing (I've never bought a car that didn't need some detailing....)

The 67 sports seats didn't have holes for headrests, and a pull knob is different from the original. Finally, I suspect the car to be Ivory but photos often turns the color into white.

Well if that's it (and more importantly if the car has matching numbers, which wasn't clearly stated), trust me: go out and buy the car immediately!

Matching numbers 911S from 1967 in this overall condition are extremely rare to find.....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Eric,
    The people at the various TUV stations in various German cities can be very different in what they do and don't allow. One station wouldn't let me use a Prototipo. Another wouldn't let me use the Peter Z "R" replica seats. One wouldn't let my 73T through because it had stainless steel brake lines and they weren't original. I had to get them certified.
    The German TUV is also very touchy about which wheel and tire sizes your car is allowed to have. I am pretty sure they wouldn't allow a set of 7's on an SWB. I ran deep 6's on my car for a while before swicthing to 6.5 Minilites. I switched them out after the car was TUV'd. They also are not supposed to allow tires older than five years on a car, regardless of the condition and wear. I skipped thru on that once.
    As regards the headlights, my ex-67 had the original US Hella lamps on it. It is so long ago, I don't remember which lights I had in them but I believe they were the original US Westinghouse headlights. I suppose if those lights were switched out with the Hella H4 headlamps that would work. If I recall, the issue with my Hella lights is that they weren't throwing enough light. Since the H4's produce the same light regardless of what lenses they are beamed thru, it probably would have been aceptable.
    I actually prefer the look of Hellas. I ended up switching them out for H4's to get thru the TUV but after a few months I really missed the look of the original Hellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Nice try... the sport seats are not 1968.....
    Ok I'll bite, what year are they?
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.