Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67s heat and throttle lever both on parking

67s heat and throttle lever both on parking

hand brake assembly, also has heat control lever forward. PET indicates twin on hand brake 68 year forward. The stand alone forward lever controls heater box mixer's. I removed hand brake assembly that heater lever was controling nothing any input appreciated.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

68 brake assembley

i have 2 68 , a very early and a mid year , and both have the single lever,
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2

67s heat and throttle lever both on parking

Hi Mark, not sure I understand your question, are you asking if the 67S had both heat and throttle levers? If so the answer is no, hand throttle didn't start until MFI cars in 69. Heat lever was forward on the shift console. I'm restoring my 67S right now. Can send you a picture of my assembly if you'd like.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Sorry if not clear, I have a heat lever forward and seperate on the tunnel in front of hand brake that does function. I also have a throttle and heat lever on the hand brake assembly. After reading a old Excellence article on the 67 S Jenning's car where the writer stated he "lifted the hand throttle and pumped the gas pedal" it motivated me to replace the broken plastic piece that controls the throttle which used to function. I then noted in PET while looking up part # a 67 was supposed to have only a hand brake with heater control forward. Hope understandable now, a picture greatly appreciated.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Mark, It sounds like you have a 69 or later hand-brake assembly with heater & throttle controls installed in your 1967. You would need to get the proper assembly.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    hand throttle didn't start until MFI cars in 69. .
    My `68 on carbs has the hand throttle sitting next to the handbreak lever, as it should be.

Rgards, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycar View Post
    My `68 on carbs has the hand throttle sitting next to the handbreak lever, as it should be.

Rgards, Mike.
    I also wondered about my 68 911. It only has the heat lever and no hand throttle lever. But, when looking at the original carbs and linkage, it appears that there is an extra throttle ball connect for that purpose that is not being utilized. So as others are, I am confused about this issue as well.

My '68 normal has the heat and hand throttle lever. The hand throttle lever, however, is not original. I "modified" the car about 4 years after I bought it.
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

In '68 the hand throttle only came standard on the Sportomatic cars. My '68 Normal does not have it.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Friends,

I am restoring a very early '68, and I would be very interested in seeing photos of a CORRECT hand brake assembly. My car came with the hand brake and two levers: throttle and heat.

I'd really like to consolidate various separate threads into a single information resource for future restoration by enthusiasts. This community of enthusiasts has a tremendous amount of expertise, which I'd like very much to make more accessible to novices like me.

Does anyone have a reference for the proper finishes on the various parts of the assembly?

I'm going to initiate a separate thread for hand brake restoration, and it would be very nice if others would offer their expertise to the community at large.