Thread: So a Stafford restored 50/2 is still a $20k bike

So a Stafford restored 50/2 is still a $20k bike

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...=140&PersonID=

Interestingly another 50/2 that looks entirely acceptable as a rider in the same auction sold for $6k.

I wonder what is the price tag for a full resto by Stafford?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Erik...20k and it's not even a R69S!
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

This bike is "off" from a previous high of a few years ago. Stafford or no Stafford, bike prices are down. I'd venture a guess of low-mid twenties bike NOT included. I've heard that number quoted by a shop in Mississippi a few years ago to a guy I know in NYC.

FWIW; Brad Powell from Brad's Bikes is an acquaintance of mine. He said the recent Vegas Auction was not good. Some stuff sold but the results were not great. Last year was better.

There is no benefit to me to "tell it like it is" because I am sitting on a dozen bikes, however, in my case I comprehend reality. Price fluctuations happen in a free market.

No agenda; just the facts.

Best,

Tom

BTW; the highlight of the weekend (to him) was one of these! That was good news.
    http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...ehicleID=18300
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom, What did the V7 go for?
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"

$11,000
    I think I read somewhere that the VK prefix was missing on the engine but my guess is that it was a "light" strike when added. The engine numbers tend to be deeper.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

hi fellow bike fans, this forum has everything! Interesting to see in the auction results 3 Triumph Hurricanes selling at under 20,000,
    still a lot of money but people have been talking these up for more. Maybe the market is not what it was.

Anybody able to point me in the direction of any hurricane experts over there?

Thanks, Mike
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Moore View Post
    hi fellow bike fans, this forum has everything! Interesting to see in the auction results 3 Triumph Hurricanes selling at under 20,000,
    still a lot of money but people have been talking these up for more. Maybe the market is not what it was.

Anybody able to point me in the direction of any hurricane experts over there?

Thanks, Mike
    Brad Powell is a good source for British bikes. Contact him at:
    4yankeez@bellsouth.net
    http://www.bradsbikes.net/
    (678) 576-4258 or (770)420-0745

Tell him "Tom" said "hello".

Baxter always has a good load of Brit iron too: http://www.baxtercycle.com/

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom ..The Yankee for sale @ Brads Bikes makes it for me with Full Bore Tires!!

ps. I still have Full Bore 2 stroke oil! I don't know where my T shirt went tho...
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"

Brad has a soft spot for Yankees! Good choice.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111