Thread: Early window regulator fix?

Early window regulator fix?

I have a couple of wobbly regulators in a 67 911 coupe that are allowing the glass to get cocked in the frames making the windows difficult to wind up or down. I have repaired the coil spring keepers and cleaned and lubed the gears and pivots. I have also adjusted the frames and regulators every which way and silicone sprayed the channels but they still don't work properly. The white plastic sliders are in good shape, cleaned and lubed. The problem I see is that there is some slop in the pivot points.

Anyone have a fix? Maybe a way to retrofit to a newer style replacement part while utilizing the original glass? Maybe a bushing kit for the pivots? Nos regulators anyone? Lmk!

Did you happen to replace the fuzzy channels in the window frame? and if so what did you use.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Did you happen to replace the fuzzy channels in the window frame? and if so what did you use.
    I didn't replace them but they are new and correct. It has new hard channels top and rear and a new soft channel on the front edge. These are same Channels that are available from Stoddard.

I think the hard channel is to go in the front, but it doesn't really matter for your problem. Have you adjusted the tilt of the window assembly? As you look at the door with the window part way down at the bottom of the window pivot mechanism there will be a single 13mm nut, it will be on the backside of the mechanism as you look at the door, i.e. you will have to feel it on the backside, you won't see this nut from the front, if you loosen the nut it will let you rock the whole window in the channels. You can experiment to find which way lets it roll up and down without binding.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed, I have adjusted the tilt in all ways too. I have also adjusted the physical location of the regulators and shimmed the frames. I have them working but not as nice as I'd like. I think they are just too worn out.