Thread: FS: Recaro earliest bucket- R seats

FS: Recaro earliest bucket- R seats

Ok,
    I have 2 kind of the earliest Recaro seat left. One with headrest provision, the other without. Lots of patina or a good resto project. Shell is absolutely ok. I could sell them with original sliders (!) $2200 shipped per seat!

The one with headrest provision.

Can also sell without sliders for less $$.
    Thanks Yeti

I have to add something about this sale and really need your help and advices.
    Both seats are sold. The one without headrest was given to a board member which took the seat personally the other one was shipped. And there begins the hassle:
    After plenty of extra pictures, showing the exact sliders etc. the seat was shipped. I got the $2.2k I have asked and I hink that was a fair deal for the buyer incl. shipping and the rails. For me there was no room for negotation - that was the final asking/minimum price.
    Shipping was $20 more than expected but ok - that was on my side. I have asked the buyer - which I do not want to name yet - if it is possible to send most of the $ to another board member where I have bought some parts. That would have helped me to safe some paypal fees. He has refused it to pay another partie since he is feeling more confident to deal with me alone. Ok...
    I have asked before about sharring the paypal fees ($50 for both of us) , since I think they do matter at such higher prices. I also think that this is more fair and a gentleman behaviour. He could also do a banc wire which he did not want.
    So I got the $2.2k for the seat and I was "stupid" enough to ship it out first. After asking about $50 for the fees (which he did not refused it to pay in the previous email) he did not want to pay this. His argumentation was that he did not negotiate the price and the currency exchange rate was even better for me now . Well I did not know what to say...?? The currency exchange rate is a risk I take as well - it can also go to the other direction. Beside this the paypal exchange rate is not very good.
    Fact is - after a few emails - no sharing of the fees! So nearly $100 of fees and $90 for shipping. I do not charge any boxes, handling etc. I was a pit pissed and really got the impression that the sale was done with the wrong man.
    And NOW?? The buyer has open a file at paypal that he has not the seat and paypal deducted me the full $2.2k on my account. I'm pretty pissed...
    I have bought and sold quite a few items and I think that this were fair deals. I hope also that the parts that were sold here over the board were as described and the buyer are happy with them.
    I never ever did a transaction like this and I do not want to make an experience like this again. Nothing than hassles...
    Is it very uncommon to ask for paying the paypal fees?? I think to share it is very fair. Or I'm I on the wrong side??
    I really love the input and the information of the board, the guys that share the passion of these old cars.
    I hope to get some opions as well!
    I'm not sure were to put this case. I just added it to the seats thread since it was about it.

Thanks Alex

Thanks Alex
    Thanks Yeti

I expect to the seller to eat the paypal fees unless stated otherwise in the listing ( better ) or communicated before money is exchanged.

if using paypal you MUST have a 'viewable online signature' that shows the item was recieved. I recently sold a pair of webers on ebay, sent them to Spain, tracking shows they were delivered. guy denied reciept and paypal refunded his (my) money. I have no recourse whatsoever. I never bother with 'signature' deliveries on pelican or early S within N.A. and have never had a problem.

I have noticed more issues when dealing overseas. I think the distance and differences in national policies and language difficulties make people feel safer pulling a fast one. now I only ship overseas by UPS, be it ebay, pelican, or here.

PS. Paypal is inherently evil, but awfully convenient.

PPS. maybe he's just having regrets. possibly arrange a sale to a third party and he could forward the seat to them? offer to take it back? I find extemely few ( none? ) on the board truly dishonest.

Seems like you have two issues
    1 should the buyer be responsible for all or part of the paypal fees? I think you should state what you expect in that regard in your post (as many do) otherwise its up to you to pay the fees or request another form of payment
    2 The issue of the buyer saying he has not received the seat and having the payment cancelled. Im not clear what is going on here. Did he receive the seat or not? If he did recieve it he is acting like a theif, if not he is renegging on the deal, perhaps because he is tired of being asked to cough up additional fees or maybe he has buyers regret. Im sure others may see things differently but that is how I see it. I hope you guys can work things out. Cool seat.

Well I do not state everytime the paypal thing. As you said - it is pretty expensive and pretty comfortable. I also have made bad experience with paypal. I have sold a DEFECT tach from a 964 which I could not even test it. It was sold for a few $$, the guy has paid with paypal and then was unhappy that the meter movement does not work. Paypal refunds him 2/3 of the selling price and I could do nothing except a few silly phone calls with them which costs again $$. Ah yes - the famous buyer protection

I have done a lot of oversea transactions and had nearly no hassles. Besides a guy that got my money but I did not get the items. I even have had no problems at all with USPS. If sending with UPS the shipping is much more expensive.

I do not expect to get paid the paypal fees full - but I think it is a nice gesture to share them 50:50. If I got asked to cover the fees I do not have a problem and I understand the seller. An international banc wire is also possible but takes quite a lot of time and cost some fees as well on both side. The buyer has choosen paypal. Some of you at the board took banc wire in previous deals.

The seat is still up in the air on the way to him. I do not know what this action is about. After asking unsuccessfully for half of the fees and argumentations on both sides I did not want to spend more time and energy on this poor deal.
    Thanks Yeti

Alex

Wish you all the best regarding this annoying issue.

All I can note from my experience to the members of the board is that you sell quite nice parts & you are a faithful guy to deal with.

Cheers
    Christian

Hi alex,
    already dealt with Alex and have to say it's a nice guy to deal with.
    i hope you received the 7R Fuchs,got money since a while....

Alex treated me well and was a complete pleasure to do business with. I wish there were more like him.

Thank you for the kind words - my intention was not fishing for compliments but nice anyway .
    I was and still I am disoppointed about the behaviour of the buyer to refuse to share the fees which was mentioned in a previous email on my side. And I was "stupid" enought to ship the seat out first without getting the full payment. Otherwise I would not have sold it.
    Beside this I'm upset about the misuse of paypal which debit your account easily and you have the trouble.
    Thanks Yeti