Thread: carpet puzzle

carpet puzzle

ok its time to order carpets , my research indicate that my car had either velour or squareweave , but all the information is conflicting, and being that the car is a rare bird a (68 S softie) very little infor can be found

they look original , , the car only has 50,000KM ( yes its a euro full german car)

there is picture of average , worn, unexposed and underside of it

so by the picture , what carpet is it
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2

Here are the sample pages for 356B, 356C, 912, 911, 911A and 911B from the dealer parts counter books. Let me know your email, and I'll send you full size photos, which are much clearer. The last photo is the title page of the catalog.

One of the samples, code 600, is missing. But, this is only for 356, so it makes no difference, here.

No square weave for the 911, just velour. They show perlon for the 912.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

I have the original carpet in my 68 911 normal and it is Red Perlon, which Tony at Autobaun says is unavailable. He states that only the gray is available in Perlon today. I toyed with the same decision you're trying to make and I finally decided on changing my carpet color to the Gray Perlon instead of the Sq-weave I could have gotten in Red. Neither were original, so...

Similar Threads

1. LWB turn signal/hazard puzzle
    By 911kiwi in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 10:07 PM
  2. Someone got himself a puzzle for christmas
    By uai in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM
  3. Factory Porsche Puzzle 1970
    By Milou in forum General Info
    Replies: 3