Thread: Couple of color questions

Couple of color questions

I'm doing some work on the car during the "offseason" and decided to get some items pwdercoated since I took them off anyways.
    1. Belly pan - I'm assuming it's supposed to be black. PO painted it red or orange can't tell. Should it be glossy , semi-gloss, satin or flat.
    2. Heater ducts in engine compartment - well at least I think that what they're called. They connect to the fan housing and hoses are connected to them which go down to the heat exchangers. What finish of black should these be? I'm guessing a gloss finish is correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Steve #1416
    '57 MGA Roadster - Black
    '70 911T Coupe - Tangerine
    '83 SAAB 900 Turbo - Charcoal
    '03 SAAB 9-3 Vector - Black

Not sure what you mean by 'belly pan' do you mean the steering rack protection pan? If you do, it and the heater duct pieces should be a semi-flat black finish. My local powder coater I think called that a 'matt' black finish, at any rate glossy is incorrect.

I'm from Cleveland, enjoying the weather right now
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks for the info, Ed. I did mean that sheet metal that the steering rack.

The weather is as cold as you probably remember it but in a convoluted way, I sort of look forward to it. I know that after the holidays, I'll have a few months to tinker with the car. My in-laws (who have a house nearby) leave for Florida and I put the Porsche in their CLEAN garage for the season. This is when I get to take on a few projects per year and bond with my car. Plus, my wife insists that I go spend time with the car. I find that in the driving season, I don't want to work on the car for fear it'll be out of commission for too long and I'd rather drive it whenever possible. Now, I can put it up on jacks for months at a time until I'm done with the projects.

BTW, Dick Goddard is still on the air.
    Steve #1416
    '57 MGA Roadster - Black

Dick Goddard eh, don't suppose you remember Ghoulardi do you?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

just barely.
    Steve #1416
    '57 MGA Roadster - Black