Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIA/CSI Homologation docs any clue?

FIA/CSI Homologation docs any clue?

I found these docs in the glove compartment of my 1969 911 Euro spec car. Does anyone know if they are specific to this car or a general test sheet that came with all the models. Within the documents are specifications that are specific to this car but others are general so I'm not sure if this car was raced at some time or what this is all about...any info is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

paper

they are not car specific, they cover the entire model line
    Mike

Homologation Forms

The are a set of FIA Homologation Forms which are still available from the FIA.

Form No. 607 is for a 2.0 litre 911T and as you can see the start date is 1969.

This form shows the permitted specification allowed in Group 3 and if the car was ever used in an FIA sanctioned event these papers would have to be presented at scrutineering along with the car. The same form would be used for all 2.0 911Ts.

You will see, if you have the full set that they are 22 pages long and interestingly show that in around 1972 the car T was homologated with plastic windows, bumpers, twin plug ignition and an oil cooler system for the transmission.

There were also papers for the 911S Form No 608 and the 911E Form No 609.

If you wanted to prepare the car for Historic Motorsport in Europe you would need to obtain a vehicle specific document such an an HTP and these forms would be the basis of the vehicle specification that would be checked when approving such a document.

If you prepared the car to a Period G1 GT Car then you would have to comply with the Homologation Form. There are some further modifications allowed by Appendix K 2010 in Annex Vlll.

If you prepared it as a Competition GT (GTS) then you would also be permitted to add any period Group 4 modifications. You can find the permitted modifications in Appendix J for 1969. In addition you could add the modifications shown in Appendix K 2010 Annex lX.

Interesting...so I'm wondering if my car was in an FIA sanctioned event because the full set is filled out with typed in specifications specific to my car...for example the first page mentions sunroof coupe and has the same date 11/68 that is stamped on my wheels and the build date of the car. On other pages it has Sportomatic and other descriptions that match my car exactly including the 100l gas tank.

So what are some examples of FIA sanctioned events?

For 1969 the FIA Sportscar season consisted of ten rounds:

Daytona
    Sebring
    Brands Hatch
    Monza
    Targa Florio
    Spa
    Nürburgring
    Le Mans
    Watkins Glen
    Zeltweg

However not all the races included the GT category.

The 911 could have run in the GT2.0 category. If there was no GT2.0 category then 911s ran in the GT1.6+ Catetory.

You can do a search with your VIN, there are a couple of places that keep records about which car ran where.

Ciao,
    n.
    EarlySRegistry #1426
    R Gruppe #525

http://nicolashunziker.com

Records

What are the places that keep these records?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TargaFlorio View Post
    For 1969 the FIA Sportscar season consisted of ten rounds:

Daytona
    Sebring
    Brands Hatch
    Monza
    Targa Florio
    Spa
    Nürburgring
    Le Mans
    Watkins Glen
    Zeltweg

However not all the races included the GT category.

The 911 could have run in the GT2.0 category. If there was no GT2.0 category then 911s ran in the GT1.6+ Catetory.

You can do a search with your VIN, there are a couple of places that keep records about which car ran where.

Ciao,
    n.
    Mike

If you cars VIN number is listed to those FIA documents, I think you may something special that should require some additional research.

This could become a very interesting topic. Please keep us all posted.

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

that's what I'm thinking but the question is how to find if it is linked? BTW I posted the docs here if you want to see them:
    http://www.dalessiogallery.com/fiahomolog/

Classics Cars and Racing Sportscars both have an extended database on race cars VINs and their results. I also have some friends who have access to the factory records (outside of the factory) etc.

BTW: I clicked on your link but only got a title page, am I missing something?

Ciao,
    n.
    EarlySRegistry #1426
    R Gruppe #525

http://nicolashunziker.com

give it a sec to load and then there should be a scroll bar on the right side that will let you see all the pages. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.