Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS 1968 911 S on Ebay

FS 1968 911 S on Ebay

Relisted due to deadbeat buyer!

Was it someone on this board ? On Pelican ? Were they from the US or Europe ?

The reason I ask is the board could put together a listing of ebay user names to avoid/not take seriously when receiving bids on ebay.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post

The reason I ask is the board could put together a listing of ebay user names to avoid/not take seriously when receiving bids on ebay.
    I like it.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hi,
    It was on Ebay, bidders SHAHCT and VOLKER320 were in together on bidding. I dont think they are on Pelican or this board.
    Long story but look out for them. Both in Germany.
    Thanks!!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    I like it.

Tom
    Like what? Not the car, I'm sure. Well, interesting! OK, time to chime in..here is a quote I sent to a fellow board member re. this car the other day

I wrote in the subject email "This amazes me" and then had the link to the acution above (it amazed me as the biddding was near $30k for a car that needed a total restoration and lots of parts changed/replaced which BTW, the seller was selling extra!)

-Allen-

PS He's selling the stuff you need to correct all the BS, separately. I do not like that! THis guy is laughing on his way to the bank now.."

The above was my email to my friend.
    Note too that the prior winning bid was $30.2 and now we see a BIN of $28.5K....

Guess the trip to the bank wasn't so good. Still, for a car like this, shouldn't the seller include ALL the stuff he gathered to make it right (and later figured.."hey, I'm under water on this..no way I can restore it and make any money on it....I'll ebay it ..and sell the part separate!")

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post

I like the idea of a deadbeat bidder's list. (Boxster 03's post again). I like his idea. I could give rat's hole about this car.

All the back-channel "filtered" conversations about cars must be truly amazing. "Frank and Ernest" have left the building.

On that note; I'm wearing Black Watch tartan underwear. Not sure if they are Jockey. They make me feel like a "Highlander". If only I had Aaron Winan's ex-John Gray shoes. The package would be complete.

Filter now turned on again. Frank and Ernest are here.

G'nite.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hi Dr 911E

Please dont take this as being rude as emails may come across but I have over 20 parts cars that have donor parts to help out the buyer put this car back to stock. I wasn't collecting parts for this car only to sell to the buyer for extra money. Its no problem with me if they get the parts somewhere else. I was doing this to help the buyer and the parts would be priced VERY well.
    Again I'm not trying to be rude just telling my side of the story.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jojogto View Post
    Hi Dr 911E

Please dont take this as being rude as emails may come across but I have over 20 parts cars that have donor parts to help out the buyer put this car back to stock. I wasn't collecting parts for this car only to sell to the buyer for extra money. Its no problem with me if they get the parts somewhere else. I was doing this to help the buyer and the parts would be priced VERY well.
    Again I'm not trying to be rude just telling my side of the story.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Joe,

No problem, wasn't rude. Still, this car needs so much, even under. And wrong fenders..etc. Why not "throw in" the (major) stuff you have to make it right?"

-Allen-

PS I see one of your deadbeat bidders had 1 feedback and the other from Germany, what was it 32, or something all positive but old. So, what happened. Who flaked and how?

Hi Allen,

I really dont want to post the whole bad bidder deal for everyone to see but I would gladly talk to you about it.
    my cell is 727-804-4992

Thanks,
    Joe