Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche RC Cars

Porsche RC Cars

I'm sure there must have been a similar thread for this subject, but what the hay, I'll make a new one :-)

Post up any and all Porsche RC car images, data and anything else similar!

I'll kick this off with my latest project and thought you guys might enjoy this. It's all about fun for me.

I've been building this for the last few years and finally got around to taking some photos. It is a discontinued 2002 Porsche 911 GT3 Supercup / Carrera Cup Tamiya 1/10 scale lexan body with a UPS theme. I've mounted this on an older 1/10 scale 1994 Tamiya TA01 chassis. I designed the stickers based on the real deal Supercup / Carrera Cup car and made them in Adobe Illustrator, then had them cut to scale. Not perfect for cut vinyl, but pretty solid.

Shot with my Olympus E-500 42-150 kit lens, on Valentine's Day in Northern Vermont. About 28 deg outside, cold pavement, slightly snowing.

Lots of Truffle love enjoy!

More photos... http://gallery.mac.com/studior...el=20

Porsche RC Cars

All you need now are some miniature dead bugs on the front
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Do you get any rubbing from the back tires on fast, tight turns?

Seriously, that is a very sweet little project. Really looks great and your photography is to be commended as well. Nice job!
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

No rear tire rub, actually it is just a shell.

MoF, the only rub I got was from the cat

Here is a relatively new 1/10 scale RC Porsche 911RS kit out from HPI Racing.

They even got the Fuchs correct.

More details here >>
    http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100594/

'72 911T 3,0 liter MFI Albert Blue street/DE toy Jeff Higgins's Avatar
    My younger son and I raced R/C cars pretty seriously for about 7-8 years. We raced indoors during the fall and winter, and outdoors during the spring and summer. Indoors was 1/12th scale 2wd pan cars and 1/10th scale 4wd touring cars (both electric). Outdoors was all about the gas cars, where we ran 1/10th scale 4wd touring cars. All of our cars were Associated; RC12's, TC3's, and Nitro TC3's.

The gas cars in our class ran restricted .12 ci two cycles; the intake opening was restricted, along with number of intake ports. They still made about 1 1/2 hp @ 38,000 rpm or so. Not content with that, I modified my car for a four cycle motor, running an O.S. FS26. I modified the head, swapped carbs, made my own header, bored it to a .30, and on and on.

The cars run a centrifugal clutch and a two speed transmission that is shifted by another centrifugal clutch. Suspensions are fully adjustable - caster, camber, and toe, spring rate, damping rate, sway bar stiffness, roll center - the works.

Anyway, here are our cars:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world."

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    All you need now are some miniature dead bugs on the front
    Good one! Does a miniature snowflake count?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Higgins View Post
    My younger son and I raced R/C cars pretty seriously for about 7-8 years. We raced indoors during the fall and winter, and outdoors during the spring and summer. Indoors was 1/12th scale 2wd pan cars and 1/10th scale 4wd touring cars (both electric). Outdoors was all about the gas cars, where we ran 1/10th scale 4wd touring cars. All of our cars were Associated; RC12's, TC3's, and Nitro TC3's.

The gas cars in our class ran restricted .12 ci two cycles; the intake opening was restricted, along with number of intake ports. They still made about 1 1/2 hp @ 38,000 rpm or so. Not content with that, I modified my car for a four cycle motor, running an O.S. FS26. I modified the head, swapped carbs, made my own header, bored it to a .30, and on and on.

The cars run a centrifugal clutch and a two speed transmission that is shifted by another centrifugal clutch. Suspensions are fully adjustable - caster, camber, and toe, spring rate, damping rate, sway bar stiffness, roll center - the works.

Anyway, here are our cars:
    Those are schweet looking and I bet run very, very fast. Amazing.

You guys I KNOW are going to come out of the woodwork with more good stuff.

My first kit I bought '77. I read these are rare of all rare kits. I still have the chassis and R/C in near perfect condition. The body was broken up but I might still have some pieces. I wish I still had the decals, and the box. I don't think I ever used them. I could never get the the car to work right.

I also had this very rare 1/12 Schuco BMW Turbo I recieved from Germany in '79 that I sold recently. Never seen one ever, F/S or on the internet. I should have kept it.

http://reviews.ebay.com/1-12-Tamiya-...00000011331841

-
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Higgins View Post
    snip... The gas cars in our class ran restricted .12 ci two cycles; the intake opening was restricted, along with number of intake ports. They still made about 1 1/2 hp @ 38,000 rpm or so. Not content with that, I modified my car for a four cycle motor, running an O.S. FS26. I modified the head, swapped carbs, made my own header, bored it to a .30, and on and on.

The cars run a centrifugal clutch and a two speed transmission that is shifted by another centrifugal clutch. Suspensions are fully adjustable... snip
    Jeff, just looking at both your two Porsche's again really got my nitro urge back.

I do have a somewhat rare nitro 1/10 Tamiya TG10 Mk.2 SG built up as new but never run. It has all the hop-up goods thrown at it just waiting to be fired up and broken in. Of course the best part will be ditching the stock OS engine for a modded Novarossi .12 or similar 38,000+ rpm multi-ported beast .

So, your twin Porsche bodies inspired me and I ordered a new HPI 911 GT3 RS 200mm body last night for this, not sure of the livery theme yet.