Thread: WTB Set of Standard Seats for a 1970 911E

WTB Set of Standard Seats for a 1970 911E

I'm going to be selling my pair of early sport seats and so I'm looking for a really nice pair of standard seats. Sadly, 6 foot and 200lbs just doesn't make for a comfortable ride with the sport seats.

If you are interested in pictures of the sports seats just shoot me your email and I fire some nice images your way.

Please let me know if you have some really nice standard seats with basket weave inserts, headrests, and recliners.

Best,

Alex

lexatola@aol.com

Alex,
    These might work for you. Original seats from my 69T, very nice shape. Might be a nightmare shipping from east coast to west. Anyway, here are some pics. Perhaps an even swap might work (only kidding).PM me if you would like to discuss further.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Seat Height

Alex:

Before you sell your sport seats, you should try sitting and driving in an installed pair of standard seats. I had a set of standard seats restored for my '73E by Tony to alternate with my original sport seats. I've personally found that the headroom is less with the standard seats, and although this may be partially due to the standards being newer and not as broken in, my sport seats are in excellent shape with little sag. I'm 5'10" and closer to 200 than I care to admit.

Just a thought. A set of the Vintage Seat or NML Depot replicas may give you more headroom, I have them in my '71 complete with basketweave. And I think they make them in a "wide" version.

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

RE Seat Hight

Hi Bob,

I love the look and the vibe of the sports seat. When I bought my currently 911 half the reason I went for it dispite its other issues what because of the seats. I just find them to be consticting around my mid back. I've heard other say that through the years, but I never really knew that it would bother me. I makes me mis the wide and flat seats that I've had in other early 911s. I hurts me to even say that - but at this point I think I'd be happier with the standard seats (admittedly not as "cool" however), and I could use the dough to do other work on the restoration of the car.

Thanks for your input,

Best,

Alex

I have a set of standard seats from a 71 E with headrest and tilt.

Located in Central USA.

Interested in trading them in on sports.

Thank you,
    Leonard