Thread: Marelli/Bosch

Marelli/Bosch

I have a 72T mechanical that I always thought had a Marelli distributor. When I pulled the cap and cleaned it up I found #1235522060 and Germany written on the cap ; it also has a Bosch rotor. Is it possible too that the cap is a Marelli or is it a Bosch cap. I don`t want to pull the distributor to find out...any help is appreciated.....Thanks ,Cliff

Marelli/Bosch

Trusting to memory here, but I think the Marelli rotors were held on with a screw, if you just pulled the rotor off it's probably Bosch.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Trusting to memory here, but I think the Marelli rotors were held on with a screw, if you just pulled the rotor off it's probably Bosch.
    Thank you Edmayo.......

Ed is correct, all of the marelli's have screws to hold the rotor in place. Bosch has the pull of style rotor. You have a Bosch Distributor. Which is a good thing those darn rotors and caps for Marellis are long gone and pricey when you do find them. I have a box of Marelli's if you would like change or swap that horrible bosch out! J/K

Jon
    72T Coupe - hotrod.
    72S "Tangie"
    73S Poop Brown
    69T Irish Green
    69S Secret Project
    S Registry Dues Paying member #1438

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyw View Post
    Ed is correct, all of the marelli's have screws to hold the rotor in place. Bosch has the pull of style rotor. You have a Bosch Distributor. Which is a good thing those darn rotors and caps for Marellis are long gone and pricey when you do find them. I have a box of Marelli's if you would like change or swap that horrible bosch out! J/K

Jon
    Thanks, but no thanks........I was certainly caught off guard & was attempting to buy some of the hard to get parts for my `marelli` Now I know that it is a Bosch that search has ended.Thank you and Ed for stepping in and helping me out.Cliff