Thread: '71 911T Targa, Olive Green, Very nice, SoCal

'71 911T Targa, Olive Green, Very nice, SoCal

1971 Porsche 911T Targa in rare Olive green.

A contact at the Porsche Classic department sent me this info from the Cardex:
    engine 6114911 is original for chassis 911 111 0741 / date of invoice 01.Nov.'70 / delivered to Philadelphia / Color 3910=olive / Interior 21=leatherette brown,middle of seats basketweave / Options 453=Radio Blaupunkt Frankfurt , 470=Comfort-equipment , 568=colored windows

I searched for quite awhile to find an original Olive green 911 as only .68% of the 911s with special order paint (30% of production were special order) were Olive. Don’t have much history on the car, just some receipts from the past 10 years and California blue plates last used in 1984. Has been in California since then. I do have the original owner’s manual and a large brochure of the 911 lineup from 1971!

Drivetrain:

Engine is numbers matching, and rebuilt sometime in the late 80s according to the previous owner (no receipts). Compression is excellent (150-158psi on all cylinders). Brand new fuel tank from Pelican, all new rubber fuel lines, rebuilt Bosch fuel pump, new in-tank filter. Came with original Zeniths, but I replaced these with some freshly rebuilt Weber 40IDA carbs, appropriate for this year. 5-speed transmission shifts smoothly into all gears with no grinding. Clutch feels good.

Body:

Front pan was professionally replaced using quality Restoration Design parts (see pics). Besides the front pan, the car was completely rust free when I bought it. By looking in and under all the doorjambs and body cavities you can tell this was always a dry climate car. It was “resale red” when I bought it, and was repainted to the original Olive Green about two years ago. All windows and trim were removed and the paint removed to bare metal, primed, painted with a base coat, then clear coat, then color sanded and buffed. See the pics of the car being painted. Brand new seals from Autos International were used throughout reassembly (have receipts), including the expensive rear targa bar seal. Targa top was recovered with OEM vinyl. S trim and chrome is still original and in decent shape for its age. Turn signal lenses were replaced with very nice used pieces when it was painted. Engine Grille and horn grilles are black, they should be replaced with chrome which is proper for a ’71.

Brakes/suspension:

The car had been sitting for three years when I bought it, so I went through the brake system. New ATE master cylinder, all new rubber brake lines, rotors turned, and new pads. Brakes feel solid now. One of the CV boots recently cracked, so I bought two CV boot kits but have not installed them. The shocks/struts need replacing, and the whole suspension is original and could use new bushings throughout.

Interior:

Crack free original dash with speaker grille. New carpet set installed a few months ago. Door pockets are missing, but the original door cards are in excellent shape with no speaker cutouts. The rear seat panel has been reupholstered with speakers added. All other upholstery is original and in good condition for age.

Wheels:

Although the pictures show the car with 15x7 Genuine Fuchs, I’m selling the car with the original 6x15 genuine Fuchs in excellent condition. I want the 7s for my next project, a 1973.5 911T Targa originally ordered in rare Gulf Orange. I’m selling the olive 911 so that I may complete the orange one!

Pics:

Click on the "slideshow" button to see large pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9336198...7610847765071/

Price:

Asking $19,500. Located in Colton, CA, about 1 hour from LAX. PPI welcome, willing to help ship overseas. I have sold overseas before and have references.

2 cars shown on Flickr?

Nice car, but do I see 2 different olive green cars on that website. One appears to be a conventional slim body 911T while the other appears to have rear fender flares and side striping ala an R type car?
    Zed

Are these all the same car? Carrera flairs; no Carrera flairs. One picture from when it was 'resale red'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

From a previous post by the OP.....

Quote Originally Posted by Survivor67S View Post

Thanks for the compliments...the bottom two pics aren't of my car though...that's just my "inspiration".

FAIL. Close but no cigar. Its mine too.
    Zed

Sorry for the confusion...I uploaded more pictures and made comments which explain everything a little better.

The red car and the olive car are the same...whenever I buy a car that has been recently repainted, I always like to see pics of the car before so I know it wasn't badly wrecked or rusty.

I posted two pics of "Olive Oyl" to reveal the vehicle that inspired my search for an Olive car and to show the potential of the car. I always had a comment posted below the pic explaining this if you browsed it on Flickr. If those are your photos, my apologies. I did not know who owned them. I will be happy to give you credit for them, or if you wish, remove them. They are posted all over the web, so I can simply provide links to them if that's what you would prefer.

Again, sorry for any confusion, and this car is far from a FAIL.

No offense taken. Im sure its a very nice car with more potential. For us speed readers with ADD there was some confusion. Thanks for clarifying that. I save images to drool on as well. You had my pulse quicken there for a moment. For that flared olive car I would be writing you a check now.
    Zed