Thread: Pair of Scheel 400 Rallye seats (1969-73)

Pair of Scheel 400 Rallye seats (1969-73)

Sorry that my first contribution to this forum is a sales add...
    I am not currently a Porsche owner, although I would love to own a RSR.

Having gathered many special parts for the restoration of a BMW 3.2CSL I am now selling some of the redundant ones.

Among these parts is a pair of Scheel 400 rallye seats in outstanding original condition.
    These are the very rare 1st generation 400, manufactured between 1969 and 1973, which were often used in the 911 S/T and Safari.

These seats are period correct for E/F-models, unlike the more common 400S/401S made from 1974.

One of the seats is NOS, the other one was used only for a few weeks.

The first one, which I found about 12 years ago, started its life as a demo seat in a shop and it was then put in storage.
    Its condition is close to mint.

It took me many years to find the second one, as I wanted it to be in the same "as new" condition.
    I finally found one , which had been used only for a few weeks before being stored.
    Its condition is a little bit less perfect, as it has two small tears in the vynile and the reclining lever has some rust.

In the last two or three years the seats have been mounted in my CSL project car.

But in the end I decided to use a pair of Recaro Idelasitz-S instead of the Scheels, because the Recaros have a backrest release.

So the Scheels are now for sale.
    The are provided with non-Scheel headrests - which seem to be Recaro headrests.
    No rails, no bases are provided.

Here are a few more pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3003510...742759/detail/

Asking price for the pair, with headrests, without runners, is 2000 Euro (OBO).
    Shipping worldwide from France or Switzerland.
    Shipping to the US is 100 US$ per seat, other destinations please ask.

These are super comfortable seats. Here is a photo of the correct headrest style, no? You can purchase correct fabric and parts (i.e. headrests) from your side of the pond via Gerrit @: nml-depot@gmx.net
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi JPlonghood,

Yes, these seats are very comfortable and they offer great latteral support.

Never before did I see the type of headrest you pictured !

In fact, when you ordered seats from Scheel the headrests were optional and you could specify which type you wanted.

I know of type 10 (as shown on Gerrit's pages) and type 15 which has the same shape but can be tilted.
    Another type had a crescent-like shape, it is pretty rare.
    And there is also the flat type for the 914.

Hey if you could use them, I have some front seat tip brackets and a complete set of NOS chrome wheel arch moldings left sitting around from a CSL I once owned. If you're interested, or know of someone who could use them, please get me your email and I'll send some photos.

BR,
    John