Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a moron with a trailer hitch can do

What a moron with a trailer hitch can do

Went to the bank Friday to deposit a check. I was tired, drove home and put the Porsche in the garage. Went to take it for a sunny-day drive today, and what do I find? Classic Park-by-Braille technique. The moron must have backed up at least a foot onto my hood. The hood badge is plain gone, both headlight rims and glass ruined ( nice H4 parts) the hood sure looks like toast. Good news is that the bumper and fenders look untouched.

And the S.O.B who did this did a runner on me. Not so much as a note on the windshield. Kids these days.

Oh well, I guess I need a Spring project!

Adam912.Out.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

What a moron with a trailer hitch can do

Bummer Adam.....words just cannot express.....
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Stuff like this makes me CRAZY !!!!!!.......

I feel for'ya Adam........

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Adam:

From seeing where the primary impact was, it seems the driver also waited too long to hit the brakes! This is everyones nightmare. We feel your pain Adam. Keep us posted with the repair work.

If this makes you feel better,,,,,,,,,,,,

My 911 came by trailer in May 09. The driver was a complete knucklead from the moment he got out of the truch. He drives from across the country and thinks it is ok to put the rear of a 57 T-Bird right above my rs (yes, I waited the past ten years to be able to afford one and the as_ of a 57 T-Bird is huge!). The clearance he says was 12 inches when he loaded the T-B and he thought hat was good enough. He tells me this, of course, while complaining that he hates his job (I already knew I was screwed and we have yet to discover the damage) as he starts to drop the rear hydraulic hatch. All of a sudden, I hear "oh shi_". The car rolls off, and the drive fender top is pushed in the size of a honeydew mellon. The rest is history, or so I have been told.

Wow, do we ever use some many angry face icons on any other topic?

Keep the faith.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

OUCH!....insured??
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I've got good insurance. State Farm has done very well by me over the years.

This will be the fourth hood(!) this old baby has worn. With 489K miles on her, 399K by me, she's been through a lot of battles over the years...rear ended, had a hundred pound Eucalyptus branch crush the roof, on and on it goes. As long as nobody hits me hard enough to total the car, I sorta take it all in stride these days! Believe it or not, the car is still pretty straight where it counts, tracks and handles good as new.

And I gotta say, this car just gets to be more fun to drive the longer I do it. Last weekend I had an, ahem, spirited drive from Ashland, OR where I live down to the Bay Area. With S suspension and a torquey 2.2 liter Type 4 motor, it's lightweight and pulls corner G's like a dream!

I've already sourced headlight trim rings and H4 glass, so it's down to the hood. The last hood was sourced from Restoration Design (I believe), and I liked it, as the craftsmanship was good, yet the sheet metal was a bit lighter than stock. Looking on their website yesterday, I did not find long hoods listed. So anybody got an idea where I can source a decent hood? I already have Emails out to the usual used-parts suspects on the West Coast.

cheers
    Adam912.Out.

Man, that is just WRONG.

I have a Class 5 on my truck and I am very careful about where I do park and do very little parallel parking if possible (although I am g o o d)

It does keep the Soccer moms off my bumper.

Good luck with the repair! We'll all be here! Moral and immoral support at any cost.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Yes, you have our support. I'm with Chuck; this kind of thing makes my blood boil.
    Best of luck on the repairs.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

ouch, are you sure it wasn't a really fat cat?
    i have to admire your healthy attitude.
    happily, it can be fixed.
    i have a spare hood, straight with some minor rust issues.
    but i'm on the right coast.
    if you're desperate, its yours for the shipping.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Same hapened here. This was a BMW X5 that just didnt see the car behind him. The problem is our cars are low and not that wide so if you are in a pick up or SUV they just dont see you. My car had a total respray after this....Actually needs assembly now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter