Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi Ur-Quattro . . .

Christmas quattro 3.jpg

SWB ur-quattro

Just found these photos I took at the 1983 Frankfurt Auto Show. The SWB ur-Quattro stole the show. This was first public showing of the car. Sorry for photo quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engine shot

I believe this is the only time the SWB ur- Quattro engine was on display.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool Rick.

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    A few pics from this weekend's LSPR rally for the ur quattro fans.

My car last competed 15 years ago on the Brockway Mountain tarmac stage (Copper Harbor, MI). It returned Thursday for a photo shoot:

Attachment 353504

A storm brewing on Lake Superior in the background developed into a full-blown water spout near Marquette.

Attachment 353505

Attachment 353506

In its natural gravel habitat
    Attachment 353509
    Tell us about the FUCHS wheels. How do you like them compared to the RONALS ?

How do they compare in weight ?

( I have a set of RONALS on a 4000 S Limited Ed. and they seem like a lighter wheel than the FUCHS I have for my 200 Turbo. But those are larger wheels as well.....

GREAT photos and story. I have been enjoying it over the years and sincerely appreciate the fact we have opportunity here to share in the same joy over Audi lore on this forum.
    I remember seeing Hurley, Walter, and Hans back in the day racing the 200 T at BIR and Road America. It gave me a deep love for the car and I had to add a few to the group (-; as a good one came up every now and again.
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Not sure on the weight difference, but the Fuchs always seemed lighter to me (forged and anodized just like Porsche wheels). The factory rally cars used magnesium Fuchs in various widths (and many other types of wheels) but they are nearly impossible to find today. I've always liked the looks of the Fuchs.

Fuchs Wheels.jpg

Fuchs Magnesium.jpg

Fuchs Magnesium 5-inch Snow.jpg

The T/A and IMSA days were something else. The 5-banger in IMSA-tune was incredible

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5RkCx9yln4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The euro cars were much better looking with the bumpers tucked in more, headlights, headlight washers, ect.
    I had several, digital dash, female speaking to you for voice promps. I am shopping for one in europe myself but finding a unmolested car is hard.

Agreed on the Euro cars. Many of the quattros have been the victims of cheap prices for decades. Sort of like e30 M3's were cheap for so long and they all got modified by kids. But the quattros have the added problem of generally being located in snow/salt locations! They rusted away and weren't worth fixing until recently. There's just not many left. And an unmolested car is a needle in a haystack.

production numbers for urq.jpg

All quattros were handbuilt by this small crew:

quattro craftsmen.jpg

So fricken cool