Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi Ur-Quattro . . .

It's fascinating to me to watch the parallels between the early 911 and the urq in regards to pricing. The urq is where the early 911 was back in the 90's. A good example is this complete Group B 500HP factory rally engine. It's been for sale right here in the USA for a LONG time at $22,000. This is the Holy Grail. This is like stumbling upon a genuine factory ST or RSR motor (or maybe even a 917 motor for that matter). Yet the Audi guys 'in-the-know' laugh at the price and don't understand why anyone would even consider the motor since you can't get parts for it, blah, blah, blah .....

Sound familiar to what was being said about early 911s and race parts in the 80's/90's?
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is some super cool stuff.

One of my dad's customers had a Quatro (it looked a lot like yours, Curt, although in typical Audi white) and, simultaneously, a 73S back in the 80s. I remember my Old Man making a really big deal about the Audi - how cool it was and how much fun it was to drive - but I was too young to truly "get it." Now, reading this thread, I feel like I really missed the boat and have to float the dinghy and paddle to catch up.

FWIW, the first car I ever drove was a 5000 Turbo. Not quite the same thing as a Quatro, I guess.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

The 5000? It still had a 5-cylinder turbo .... close enough

A new vid uploaded of a 560HP Sport

Sport quattro at Vaaler Raceway

Thumbs up

Hey Curt,

Is that silver/red chase car/follow car, that seemed to be keeping up without all the drama... , the same 'Speed sedan challage' car D. Bell drove for a season about 4 years ago?

Cool vid bud....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

That's what I was thinking too. Could be an early DTM car as well, they had a similar livery. And I dunno about some of that guy's 'racing lines' in the Sport I think he was purposely trying to slide the car around for the camera.

Spent the morning searching out a barn full of quattro rally parts The first pic is the rally computer out of a factory Rothmans Group B quattro. The guy that drove it, Saeed Al Hajri, also drove the Rothman's 911SC/RS. Saeed Al Hajri .com Last pic is a few cool parts I found.

Well, here's the new ride Last rallied about 20 years ago. Sitting in a barn ever since. Engine needs some sorting and the cage needs updating, but the car is 95% ready to go in Historic class.

That looks like fun!!

Do you hve to paint it red so it will blend in?
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Audi Ur-Quattro . . .

Curt, you are an ANIMAL cool car...good buy I have two vivid memories of Audis, first is changing the front pads on Audi 100's when I worked at the dealer, and 2nd is watching the Audi run in the Trans-Am here in Dallas back in the late 80's. Hans Stuck was the original ANIMAL!!! Then looking at the car in the paddock, yep, it was made from a production line car,,,against all those tube frame rockets....WOW
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Check out the title .... looks like I bought a Sport quattro I'm looking for weld marks where they lengthened it!