Thread: OMP Brands Hatch Seat

OMP Brands Hatch Seat

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has used, or has even seen in person, the OMP Brands Hatch seat.

Although not the same in appearance to the original German buckets, it appears to be in the same style. As a bonus it accommodates those of us with an, ahem, slightly larger waistline.

Any comments on appearance, feel, fit into the car would be greatly appreciated. I am not trying to restore my car, but rather keep it period-looking (so the modern racing seats are not cool). Also, the car is for street use.

Thanks,
    Ayan
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

1970 Porsche 911T - 2.7RS Spec

I have put one in my 2.2 T/S

The finish is good and the shape is "period" and the seat has been commented on as being very comfortable by any passengers who have sat in it.

My only criticism is that the seat cushion doesn't have enough rake in it, so I have mounted it with the back tilted further back.

When I replace the driver's seat, taking the Sparco competition one out, I am intending to put in a Cobra Classic RS seat, which is a take on the original Porsche item and available in various mixes of fabric/vinyl/leather and similar in price to the OMP

I am also considering the classic rs, it appears to be inspired by the scheel 300 ,comments encouraged as I am a relative newbie to seat minutae,I am going to go sit in one at sube sports.pm me for my report if you would like, I am 6'1" 220 36" waist. Steve

Mike, thanks for your response and pics. How hard is the OMP to mount in an early 911? What bracket did you use? Are you using the sliders? How is the height off the floor (I like a low seat).

Thanks
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

1970 Porsche 911T - 2.7RS Spec

The seat has the standard bolt pattern that most (if not all) bottom mounted sports seats have.

The one I have is in my "navigators" side of the car and is set very low, about 1 inch off the floor. I did this by making converters to make the seat side mounted. You can buy these off OMP, but they are not cheap, especially considering that they are just 2 x 2 angle, which any metal shop could find very easily.

I then used competition side mounted seat brackets bolted to the floor. This lets me tilt the seat further to the rear to get a better rake on the cushion. (looking at the pics I think the knee pad the Cobra seat has will reduce the need to rake the seat.

If you wanted sliders, using the above method, you just put them between the converter and the seat.
    Cheers

Mike

Ok, I went to sube sports and sat in the classic rs seat.I was impressed.I am 6'1" and 220 # with wide shoulders it fit well and will improve as it gets broken in. It seems good quality too. The downside was the mounting is 11 and 3/4 wide not the 16 " centers for the sliders I have .I picked up some og 68 recaro tilt brackets and want to use them but I will have to fab something that will stick out from underneath for the sliders. For this reason I am still considering others. Steve

Oh and it(classic rs) felt much higher on my back than some of the recaro clones