Thread: WTB Webasto Resistor

GD727

WTB Webasto Resistor

I'm looking for the Ballast resistor for a Webasto heater for my 1968 911. I'm trying to restore the car to close to original and have all of the other Webasto parts except for the resistor. Any help in tracking down one or anyone who might have it would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might just have a spare...let me dig and see!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Ah Ha, I know I have one. Put mine up on eBay like 5 times with no response. I could sell it for $30 plus shipping. Email me with zip code or location allaircooled@yahoo.com

If Kenik AKA 'the mad painter' dosen't have one I'm sure I do.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

I saw one of those in a box the other day and didn't know what it was. If no one else comes through let me know.

Bill
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

GD727

Other Webasto Parts Needed

Guys,

Thanks for looking for the resistor. I appreciate the help. This weekend I was getting ready to tear apart the heater unit and noticed that I also needed a couple of other parts. I thought I had everything but apparently not. I need the cable or at least the connectors from the spark control unit to the heater and a spark/glow plug. Can I ask you to take another look for these parts?

By the way when I get done with this project I will have a couple of restored and tested heaters for sale. I've also found a supplier for the exhaust pipes, mufflers and the white teflon muffler bushings.

Regards,
    Dan

webasto

I have a complete setup from a 1969 911 Targa as pictured, I won't part it out and will sell as a whole if there's any interest in it.
    hotinotown@hotmail.com

Attachment 82360

Attachment 82361

GD727
    Bump - still waiting to hear from some of the guys who are checking their garages.

Thx,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by GD727 View Post
    Bump - still waiting to hear from some of the guys who are checking their garages.

Thx,
    Dan
    Dan I found one, did not check resistance but if looks mean anything it's good It's yours gratis just pick up shipping. PM me if you want it.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

GD727

Webasto Wiring Harness

Guys,

Thx for all the responses to my initial request for a heater ballast resistor. Mark did have one and sent it to me. I'm still looking for a cable or just the connector to connect the spark control unit to the heater. It would be great if you could dig through the boxes in the garage and let me know.

Thanks again,
    Dan