Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a 356 restoration

old softie67S

Need help with a 356 restoration

I have finally gotten around to the restoration of my 60 Cab bt-5. It needs the usual rust repair, battery box, longs, pan. This sheet metal has been easy to source. The hard part is the rear seat and and shelve area. I have been trying to locate replacement sheet metal for that area without much luck. Anyone know somepne who might have a non restorable body shell that might sell me that sheet metal? I am attaching an image of the sheet metal I need.

Thanks

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Trevor's Hammer Works should help. It's not on his site, but he doesn't have everything on it anyway. Check him out: http://www.356panels.com
    Various Porsche's

Tom,

I am also doing a 356 restoration of my dads 60 B T5 cab. I am also in Massachusetts. It would be great to talk with you about your project, and maybe we could share some details. Call me when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Erik

508-524-3145

old softie67S

What are the odds

Eric

Would love to. It must be fun having the sentiment of the car being your dad's. What color combination/engine?

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab

old softie67S

trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Trask View Post
    Trevor's Hammer Works should help. It's not on his site, but he doesn't have everything on it anyway. Check him out: http://www.356panels.com
    Jeff

Trevor makes a decent seat area.The problem I have is no one makes the upper shelf area and mine was trash Trevor only makes a generic early shelf that is no where near right for my car. My restorer thought Trevor made a correct part for a B so he cut mine out. That was a mistake. Now I am somewhat stuck trying to find the complete area. I am hoping there is a clip out there that someone needed all of the outside sheet metal and the interior seat area is junk to them.

Take care.

Tom
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab

Andy Elsener in Hunington Beach Calif. Honest, trustworthy and a magician at metalwork.
    Early 911S Registry member#775

Tom,

PM sent.

-
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

I have asked some friends who they might know or be able to turn you onto. I see you have the car down in Providence.

My car is black with a black interior and a black top. I would suggest you very carefully remove the top and protect it until it is ready to be restored as they are impossible to find. Bows and material are able to be found, but not the main frame, it needs to be protected. I will let you know if I find some sheet metal for you. I would call Jim at Easy, he may have a parts car he is willing to cut up.

Call me sometime when you have a minute

Erik

old softie67S

easy

I have called a number of the dismantlers including Easy, no luck.

I brough the car to Providence at the suggestion of a friend who had them replace his pan. They disasmble my car and sand blasted. I felt they would make the care structural sound, but was concerned they did not have an appreciation for the origniality of the car. I decided to remove it. The shop that now has it is very concerned with absolutle orignal appearance of the metal work. Except for cutting out the rear seat shelf without a line on the new sheet metal, I am very happy with his work.

I appreciate everyone checking with their sources for me.

Tom
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab