Thread: Roman Tucker — Alfa restorer extraordinaire

Roman Tucker — Alfa restorer extraordinaire

A nice gentleman from Ontario Canada who owns an Alfa GTA with a very impressive racing history including Trans Am recently discovered my name somewhere and contacted me in regards to, what else? Finding him a steering wheel for his GTA. Long story, but anyway, he's having the GTA restored to it's 1970s livery by Roman Tucker who is very well known in Alfa circles.

Some of you guys might enjoy this video from his website:
    http://www.romanautoprep.com/video/index.htm
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Very impressive, thanks!

gta wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    A nice gentleman from Ontario Canada who owns an Alfa GTA with a very impressive racing history including Trans Am recently discovered my name somewhere and contacted me in regards to, what else? Finding him a steering wheel for his GTA. Long story, but anyway, he's having the GTA restored to it's 1970s livery by Roman Tucker who is very well known in Alfa circles.

Some of you guys might enjoy this video from his website:
    http://www.romanautoprep.com/video/index.htm
    Might try this ebay seller...seems to have connections? rima-beach-wear

Hey Mark, this is a timely post.

My son (who you might have met at Lime Rock last year?) has to do a report for his Italian class (HS sophomore) about an Italian company. He chose Alfa Romeo. Being an Alfa guy in your past life, can you recommend a good overview book about the history of the marque?
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Good choice too with this year being Alfa's centennial. Give me a day to check Jim. Surprisingly, I don't have many Alfa books but I might have a good one on my book shelf at work.

I'll email you tomorrow.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Hey Mark, this is a timely post.

My son (who you might have met at Lime Rock last year?) has to do a report for his Italian class (HS sophomore) about an Italian company. He chose Alfa Romeo. Being an Alfa guy in your past life, can you recommend a good overview book about the history of the marque?
    I am certainly no expert on the marque, but, have in the past purchased a few books as an admirer and have often pondered building a GTAm recreation.

One that I own and would recommend:
    "Alfa Romeo Giulia, History & Restoration" by Pat Braden and Jim Weber

http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-Romeo-Giu...259419&sr=1-14

Hope this helps,
    Peter

Jim the book I have, and it turns out that it might be a good one for you son to use is, Alfa Romeo History Museum, published by Arese and written by several people, all Italian and covers the entire marque. Text is in english. Can't find a date but it looks like late to mid 1970s. In my opinion, cars after that aren't nearly as interesting. Great photos and lots of information.

I would be happy to lend the book to your son and can mail it to you if you'd like.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

You're a good guy Mark, thanks.

Peter thanks for the lead.

My uncle had a new Giulietta Spyder when I was a kid. It used to irritate my dad that I would gladly wash and wax the Alfa for my uncle, but he had to badger me to wash the family Chevy.

That guy in Lapeer does nice work, I pass right by there when I drive out to visit family in Michigan. I'll have to stop by and have a look one of these trips.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Thumbs up

I am certainly no expert on the marque, but, have in the past purchased a few books as an admirer and have often pondered building a GTAm recreation.
    Hey Peter,

My car buddy Hector's 20 year (so far) project '71 GTAm tribute.......

This is the friend I helped to a C-Sedan regional title in a GTA Jr. in '73

It's on rollers now but he has the real 13x9 Campy's with Avons, small brakes, and the rest...... Now he's retired, the project's getting closer every day...

............ no, he doesn't have the close-valve Lucas FI motor... but a bloody strong 2 lt......

......... once an Alfa guy........

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

That's awesome Chuck.