Thread: FS: Beautiful Wheels / Tires for Early 911 or 356 Outlaw

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar

FS: Beautiful Wheels / Tires for Early 911 or 356 Outlaw

FOR SALE

Four wheels and tires, ready to install on your 356C or Early 911.

These wheels were sourced from early Porsche 993s. They are the spare wheel and original factory equipment to those cars. They were originally painted red and shod with a run-flat tire.

Unquestionably, the guys at Emory Motorsports build and style some of the best 356 Outlaws in the world. A few years ago they recognized that these wheels look really awesome on Outlaw 356’s and have repeated this application multiple times. See www.emorymotorsports.com for several examples. Others in the 356 community caught on and today they are considered a very cool and distinctive look on 356’s and Early 911’s.

These aluminum wheels are 16” and very light in weight when compared to steel wheels or most other choices. I sourced these wheels with the idea of installing them on my 1958 356A (disc brake car) in place of the refinished Fuchs wheels I initially installed during its recent restoration.

Unfortunately for me, they simply don’t fit on a 1958 with stock fenders/wheel wells. My mistake. I have seen this same wheel successfully installed however on a 356C without modification.

The wheels are very cool and pretty unique partly due to the amount of work necessary to bring them to a useable condition. First you have to source four of them and each early 993 only came with one each! Then you have to remove the run flat tire, a feat in itself. Next came the media blasting to remove the red paint that they left the factory with, then they were thoroughly cleaned, powder coated and finished with a low sheen, 20% clear coat.

Once the wheels were complete, they were shod with 195/55R-16 Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid tires and high speed balanced. Balancing weights were of course installed on the inner side of the rims. They are now 100% complete and ready to install. They have never been previously mounted and are fresh and perfect; as new. (Photos were taken at the shop where they are stored and that Gulf Blue 911 just happened to be sitting there so I used it as a prop)

I invested a lot of time and money to create this final product, certainly more than is reflected in my asking price of $2,400 + shipping for the complete set of four. Please email me edcave@bellsouth DOT net if you are interested in owning these beautiful Porsche wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Now listed on ebay with lower opening bid...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_850wt_1167
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Price Reduction!

Price reduced! Now $2,000 + actual shipping cost! Considering the interest I had on these at $2,400, they should go quickly at this new reduced price.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Did they sell?

Still available. Will entertain reasonable offers.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)