Thread: Reunited...PO's, car and CA black plates

Reunited...PO's, car and CA black plates

One of the previous owners of my car kept great records...he owned the car from 1981 to 2002. Thanks to those records and google...I was able to contact him and sent him some current pictures of the car. Long story short...he still had the original black plates and sent them to me gratis. Never be afraid of reaching out to PO's...good things can happen!!

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I agree I once traced back the history of a 356 I once owned. When I contacted the second owner Mary a very lovely woman who was very happy to hear from me about her old car. She filled in many of the blanks regarding the first owner and the history of the car. She then wanted to send me the award she received as a result of a second place win at the PCA Parade in San Diego in the late 70's but I declined. The fact that she had kept it all these years I knew it meant a lot to her.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Only in a smaller city...

I didn't have to reach out. A few years after buying the '68 I was at a home on the other side of town. Knew I was close to the PO's house, but didn't realize how close. When I left to drive home, I found a 4 inch thick folder of receipts, some going back to even earlier owners.

Had a great time going through it all.
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

If you have a friend in CA who's address you can use you can get those black plates back on the car. California now has a YOM (Year of Manufacture) plate program that allows people to put any plate back on as long as the year of production of the car matches the plate . I just got black plates put back on two of my 69 Camaro's

Nothing better than talking to a previous or original owner.
    935 Owners Registry #02
    1969 911S, 1970 Euro 914-6
    935 1978
    Copeman Porsche 911 IMSA GTO
    1981 924 Carrera GT