Thread: BIG Porsche book collection for sale

BIG Porsche book collection for sale

Over the past 40 years I have accumulated a Porsche book collection of more than 200 volumes. In order to feed some other interests and to make some room in my library I've decided to sell these books, either as a collection or individually. Some which have sentimental value or were gifts I will keep. Everything else is fair game!

All are in near fine to fine condition. I believe all those that had dust covers originally still have them. These books have been well cared for, never abused, and some have never been read. I don't think there's a torn page or broken binding in the bunch.

I have made a spread sheet of the books available. Just email me at dkbrewer@bellsouth.net and I'll send it to you. Please don't PM or communicate by posting here, as I might miss the message. The spread sheet is divided into 911/914; 356; racing; general/biography.

If there's a book you're interested in I'll pull it out, examine it and describe its condition to you and send some pictures if you like. I have just handled every single book in order to make the listing, so I can tell you the conditions are really nice. If we agree on price send a check and I'll send the book. I prefer not to use Paypal. On more valuable books please give me an address where there will be someone to accept delivery.

I do have the Carrera RS book, the Petrolpics 3 volume set about Porsche GT racing (matching numbers!), Liebe zu Ihm, Tribute to the Turbo Carrera, Genesis of Genius collector edition, and several others that have collector value. These and other collectible books are in bold on the spread sheet. I am the original owner of almost all of these books.

My preference is to sell the collection intact, but realistically that probably won't happen. So, let's see how this approach goes. Some prominent dealers have the list right now, but the books are not on Ebay, A.B.E., Pelican, or any other web site or advertising source.

If interested, I also have large numbers of Christophorus, Panoramas, 356 Registry, Excellence (complete up to three or four years ago), many British Porsche magazines, etc., for sale, but honestly I haven't had time to catalog them all. If you have an interest let me know and we'll try to work something out.

Thanks for your interest.

Jack Brewer

Edit: I should mention a couple of other things: I'm on the east coast, so time differences may delay responses to email (I should be in bed right now!). Also, the listing does not include prices. I research market prices as much as possible on the web including dealers sites, Ebay, ABE, etc., and this includes international sellers and sources as well. Because of the number of books involved, I don't want to do the research on each of them until someone expresses an interest in a particular book. As for the more valuable books I have done some research and have some realistic ideas of values. My intention is to price the books in a way that will get them sold in a reasonable amount of time, but without taking a clipping on them. In most cases they will be priced below retail dealers' prices. One of the books has just sold....10% below a prominent dealer's near-four figure price.
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Jack,

PLEASE post or link your spread sheet in your ad as soon as you can...

Until then......

Let’s make an exception to Jack's stretching the 'rules' for now.......

PLEASE, contact him through his direct email only, PLEASE do not discuss purchases here, and PLEASE work out ALL negotiations, miscommunications, and frustrations off the board......

Good luck, sounds like a great collection of books
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

Chuck,

Sorry if I inadvertantly broke any rules. I have asked that everyone contact me at the email address in my post, not by PM or by posting in the forum. So far, everybody has respected that.

I didn't post the spread sheet here for two reasons: 1). I didn't want to take up space here. 2). I don't know how!

I will not discuss individual sales or prices in the forum.

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me so far, and especially for respecting the guidelines!

When it's finished I will make a contribution to the Registry from the proceeds.

Thanks.

Jack.
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro