Thread: Belgian-Luxembourg Equipment?

Belgian-Luxembourg Equipment?

RoW 1974 Carrera originally delivered to Porsche importer Messrs. D'Ieteren in Belgium. The COA lists optional equipment as: "Belgian-Luxembourg Equipment"... anyone know just what items/specs this option package includes?

Anyone? The car has a rear fog light which look to be original. Is a plastic fuel tank correct for this market in '74? Yellow headlight lenses? Different gearing or muffler?

the belgian cars needed to have a rear fog light, on a 74 modell it was mounted on the right next to the exhaust tip on the same part of the rear bumper as where the exhaust exits
    so it can be original equipment
    also a small fire extinguisher(red and 1kg) and a red reflecting triangle, a small medical kit
    was needed to get the car on the road in Belgium

So may be this was part of the equipment kit

Thank you! What you are describing is exactly what's on the car now I can find the correct fire ext., triangle reflector, and first aid kits through Porsche?

yes, but you will not find old versions anymore at Porsche. but they have to put these even in new cars now overhere so they will have these sets available

i do not know if Porsche used an extinguisher with Porsche written on it in the old days (as they do now)

Xenifisi on this forum may know this

Are these items available used? If every car imported into Belgium had the parts, there must be a significant number of them around. You could check your local wrecking yards and see if they have such items. You might be able to make some money by finding these parts and selling them here. I purchased the parts to add a rear fog light on my car. The brackets for them are hard to find, but may be obtained from wrecks.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

brackets are sold by Porsche here, chrome or black finish depending on window surrounds.
    i bought one 2 years ago for 15€, i still have this somewhere, never fitted

reflecting triangles, first aid kit, extinguisher are around on wreking yards
    every cars has to has them

sometimes the importer of the brand installs(ed) them when new, sometimes the factory
    but original old ones (eg 1974) will be hard to find
    ther was a new law some years ago that all extinguishers had to have a date on them and should be replaced as the date was passed
    so the old ones are mostly thrown away
    but you can find them in old garages or older workshops, they sometimes kept them on a shelf
    but there must have been thousands of these things

I never heard back from the importer... too bad. I'll do some more research and post what I come up with.