I want to invite anyone within easy driving distance to come to my benefit book signing event for Beep! Beyond the Frogpond and Back at the California Surf Museum in Oceanside, CA, on Thursday, May 13th. I'll be there to "meet and greet," answer questions, and sign copies of the book from 6:00-8:00 PM at the Museum, 312 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA, 92054. Admission is always free on Thursdays at the museum, so you can check out their new exhibit, WOW (Women on Waves), presenting the history of women in surfing, at the same time. All profits from the sale of books at the event will benefit the museum. Donations are always appreciated, naturally, to help maintain their mission of preserving and presenting the history of surfing and its culture. It's a worthy effort, IMHO, and we want to support them.

The launch event coincides with MainStreet Oceanside's “Sunset Market” evenings, which is a fun event by itself. From 5:00-9:00 pm in downtown O’side, they close off about 4 square blocks by the pier for an open-air farmer’s market/street fair, including vendors selling everything from fresh organic produce to prepared food of every description, as well as arts and crafts booths, a bandstand for live entertainment and street musicians wandering through the crowd, etc. It’s really a casual and cool family-type event, and very well-attended.You can stop in at the museum to check out our event, then buy some dinner from a street fair vendor, maybe shop for some fresh fruits and veggies to take home, listen to some music, mingle with the crowds, do some "people-watching," take a twilight walk out on the pier, or whatever. Free parking can be found on Cleveland Ave. (there are big parking lots, but they fill up fast!)

Hope to see you there! More details about the book launch event, directions, etc., are available at the Event page on the Museum's website.
More info on the book is always available from the link in my sig file, for those of you who are too far away.

Aloha and mahalo,
TT (aka Stewball)