Thread: have songs helped shape your passion for cars?

have songs helped shape your passion for cars?

are there any songs that you identify with or convey aspects of your love/obsession of automobiles, now or in the past??
    I'd like to get an idea from people who put cars together or are involved/participate in
    restorations, amateur or professional alike.

I recently found a tune I had heard oh...46-47 years ago!!!
    I had something stored in my memories that linked this tune to the experience.
    I was 8 or so years old when I noticed the coolest car in our apt building back yard, a formula car on a trailer
    that British fellow in the basement (Malcolm ??? no last name) as I was very young and had talked to him only 2 times before never seeing him again and I had to grow up
    I had asked where he got the car and it struck me as odd but interesting when he said " Oh I put it together, one piece at a time"
    the next time I saw him, cause' I was ALWAYS checking to see if I could see the car again, he was likely packing and moving, he went to a box laid out to the trash and pulled a rusty looking very used 10" inch maybe steering wheel
    the kind with 3 size holes in the ribs...and said" here kid, here's your first piece."
    later one day, assembling a plastic car model, I heard Johnny Cash sing" One piece at a time" I was REALY infected with the disease by that time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfbRdclvkM

here's a live version of it.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

in case anyone recognizes the driver owner of that car, this was in Montreal Canada,
    St-Leonard/Rosemont 1961-2?? slim British guy named Malcolm had a green Lotus looking car.
    I pretty sure it wasnt a Lotus more names of these vintage cars I would like to know and maybe recognize.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Some favorite car songs:

"Little Deuce Coup" - Beach Boys
    'Hot Rod Lincoln' - Commander Cody & Lost Planet Airmen
    "Drive my car" - Beatles
    "Low rider" - War
    "Dead Man's Curve" - Jan & Dean
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Gotta be Key's to the Highway Derik and the Dominos, one of best guitar duels ever between Clapton and Duane Alman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9E6...ext=1&index=67

JMHO

Bill
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC