Thread: FS: Matching # Silver 73T Targa project

FS: Matching # Silver 73T Targa project

Nice complete solid car that need attention but that can be a good driver for low investment ! This is a original Silver / black interior, unmolested, 1973 T Targa, with it’s original 2,4 CIS motor (7R case). Chassis # 9113111432. Last time it run is 5 years ago. I didn’t tried to start it.

Front aluminium callipers, original and complete mechanically. Floor pans, rockers, battery boxes, rear frame, front pan are all very solid except one place : where the front center hook is. It look like the car had been towed by the hook and a chunk of the floor go with it (about 8”x8”), but the suspension mounting point are rock solid. Nice fenders, quarters panel, doors, hood and rear lid. No big bubbles in the paint, no sign of poor restoration.

No tools, no jack, stock steel fuel tank. Complete with all the trims, chrome/rubber bumper guards and lights. Regular front bumper, 5 cookie cutter wheels, just missing few letters the PORSCHE on rear lid. Nice rear grille, nice top, original steering wheel and gauges, small crack dash as usual, no speaker grille. Very nice original front seats. Polished targa bar.

This is a project for someone who will put some hours and will end up with a nice, cheap, driver 73 Targa. Car is located in Montreal, Canada, will ship at buyer cost. I bought 3 Porsche together, I’m keeping a 68 coupe and this one and a 67 SWT must go to finance the first one… asking 7000$US or best offer !

Photos to come ; Please pm or email at : jean-david_tardif@cascades.com for more photos or details. Cell# : 514-347-0372

Thanks, Regards
    JD

send you a pm.

Hi,
    I now have the photos, Feel free to email me to get more photos or details about the cars ! A nice pair of original seats will replace the BMW Recaro

Thanks !
    JD
    Last edited by RS-GT; 11-28-2010 at 06:04 AM.

What can I say, this forum is a valuable research tool!

This car is for-sale again. Now on ebay. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...t_36473wt_1166

There are some issues with ebay listing though:
    1. History has changed - claim that CA car all it's life vs Montreal
    2. VIN on the CA title pictured is missing a digit
    3. Timing of when the car last ran - ebay ad vs. original thread

VIN: 911311432 on ebay and title - 9113111432 (image and this thread)
    Engine: 6134025 (I think) - my Red Book suggests this number is in the range of CIS coupe not targa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A SUPER RARE ALL NUMBERS MATCHING 1 OWNER 1973 1/2 PORSCHE 911T TARGA THAT HAS ITS ORIGINAL 2.4L CIS FUEL INJECTION,WITH ITS ORIGINAL 5 SPEED MANUEL TRANSMISSION.

THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN CALIFORNIA IT'S WHOLE LIFE AND WAS DRIVER BY IT'S ORIGINAL OWNER SINCE 1973,IN JANUARY OF 2002 THE OWNER PARKED IT IN HIS GARAGE AND DIDNT DRIVE IT ANY MORE.

SO IT'S BEEN SITTING FOR A WILE,THE MOTOR STARTS UP AND RUNS GREAT,BUT THE PEDALS ARE STUCK SO THE CAR IS NOT DRIVABLE,I HAD A TECH COME OUT AND LOOK AT IT AND HE TOLD ME EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE JUST NEEDS NEW BARS FOR THE PEDALS.

THIS CAR HAS BEEN PAINTED ONLY 1 TIME IN ITS LIFE AND IT IS ORIGINAL SILVER WITH BLACK INTERIOR.

CAR HAS SOME MINOR RUST IN THE TRUNK,BUT OTHER THEN THAT THE CAR IS SOLID.

THIS PORSCHE IS A GREAT CAR TO RESTORE AND IT'S NOT A PROJECT CAR.JUST NEEDS SOME TLC.

OVER ALL ITS A 1973 1/2 PORSCHE 911T TARGA 2.4L CIS FUEL INJECTION THATS ALL NUMBERS MATCHING AND ALL ORIGINAL

I HAVE A CLEAN AND CLEAR CALIFORNIA TITLE IN HAND.

I DIDNT FEEL LIFE WRITING A BOOK ON THIS CAR BUT I TOOK THE TIME TO UPLOAD 70 PHOTOS FROM EVERY ANGLE AND EVERY VIN STAMP AND ENGINE STAMP.

FOR MORE INFO PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 702-530-0471 OR DROP ME A MESSAGE I REPLY QUICK

FOR ALL YOU PORSCHE LOVERS YOU KNOW WHAT THIS CAR IS WORTH...HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A VERY RARE PORSCHE.
    1973 911T CIS Targa.jpg1973 911T CIS Targa 2.jpg1973 911T CIS Targa 3.jpg1973 911T CIS Targa 4.jpg
    1967 911 Targa Soft Window
    Early S Registry #2403