Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with this '71 T on Ebay?

Anyone familiar with this '71 T on Ebay?

Looks like a good car. The seller e mailed me that he will not sell it to anyone outside of Southern California. Never heard that one before.....

Don

1971 t

Luis - I saw the car on Sunday. It has 270,000 miles. Portions of the floor have been replaced due to rusting out. Bolts protrude from the underside where the replacement panels were inserted. There is active rust on the hood and under the right headlight. Missing radio, carpeting and etc. Some interior pieces held together with duct tape. Overspray from older repaint. Hood shocks gone, trunk and engine bay filthy. Seller advises he wishes he had sold a year or so ago when he could have gotten "$40k-$50K".

On the plus side, he is the original owner.

Any questions?

Car is very close to where I live. Seen it around the hood for years. Looks good from 20' but pinball went to see it, so I would take his advice.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

1971 911t

Neglected to mention that owner has very few service records, but has several nice photographs of himself with the car circa 1972. He was 41 years old when he bought it. It goes without saying that both he and the car looked substantially better back in 1972. But for those who believed that you couldn't rust out a car in West Los Angeles, I say "Behold!" Just park it outside...that'll do the trick.

1971 911t

Bidding ended at $14,300 with the reserve not met. The market has spoken.

I'm sure being a zero feedback seller didn't help.

This quote from the listing struck me...
    "I wanted to give it to my son.....but he is not a Porsche enthusiast."

What a dope (the son).

Total of only FIVE PHOTOS on an Ebay longhood just doesn't cut it.

If the seller happens to discover this website: the baked-in skepticism factor due to minimal photos will reduce # of bidders and bid amounts by 50%-- and possibly more.

Disclosure, however ugly, always trumps mystery.... well, except for maybe a couple of sorority mixers circa 1987.
    Paul

1969 911E non-sunroof coupe, Slate Gray/black
    1971 911T Targa, Gold/black... OE (sport seats, Mahle gasburner wheels)

- Early S Registry #1763

The whole listing is now MIA. Not sure how that happens unless a scam auction?

It's not MIA, it's still there but it might as well have been a scam...

Pinball, thanks for your assessment.

Targa, I couldn't agree more. I recently sold a $12,000 car (Citroen Ami) and had something like 120 photos. That was absolute top of market price for that car, and that was the only way to do it.

Luis