Thread: Help with selling car on European market

Help with selling car on European market

Anyone interested in helping me sell a car on the European market?
    Send me a PM
    1968 911S Soft Window Targa

?

you need help for selling what car in europe ?
    PM if we want

JLC
    69 912 BARN FIND......55Kmiles
    79 SC us import

1702 member

Hope I'm not out of line, but...
    They seem to be very adept at finding them on this side of the pond!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 58cab View Post
    Hope I'm not out of line, but...
    They seem to be very adept at finding them on this side of the pond!

Mike
    I'll say. Throw it out there in the usual spots and they'll be crashing down your door. That is if the euro doesn't crash first

Bit of a strange question. Are you looking for a dealer to help you? Is the car here or in Europe? Are you looking for advertising channels with a predominantely European audience? Are you looking for logistics support? Are you looking for for pricing differences?

Now is not a good time I would suspect unless you have the best of the best: Euro is significantly down (I am starting to look in Europe again), Greece (Spain, Ireland, Portugal) turmoil, Germany in the dumps. Then again, not sure there will be better times ahead anyway.

Mike
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

Getting ready to sell my 68S SWT and would like to advertise it in Europe also. Just looking for advise on where to advertise and maybe some help getting it posted.
    I have considered Ebay and I've talked to a someone about selling on consignment. Any help would be appreciated.
    1968 911S Soft Window Targa

I would advertise it on the The Early S registry equivalent in the UK. DDK....

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21

You will need to join but it's free. We are a friendly bunch and you will have the UK early 911 crowd looking at your ad which is what you want. However, I must say I get the feeling selling is slowing down and you may have to have a keen price or something very special to attract a sale (shipping/import tax etc etc). There is an equivalent site in Italy that I know about also but all ads are in Italian and you will need Andrea (member on here) to point you in the right direction.

HTH

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

I would try the usual channels: Anamera, classic driver, Euro clubs asentioned above and all the US spots as well (Here, Pelikan, etc.).

For a more sophisticated and costlier approach you might putads in the big magazines such as Classic & Sports Cars, Oldtimer Magazin, etc.

With the Wuro down at around $1.24 from the mid $1.40s and increasing economic volatility in Europe you might find it easier/ faster to sell here, especially if the car is not absolutely top notch.

Mike
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

I have European buyers and send them cars all the time. The Euro is where it was in 1Q '06 and those were 'buying frenzy' days, so that's not really a problem. The thing is, you have the one model that should sell better here in North America. Europe got the '68S. The US did not.

Scarcity should make the car more valuable here.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

For a large part of Europe, you can advertise on www.mobile.de
    Various early fans look at that, but it's a paid advertisment.
    However, there are also a lot of free of charge 'local' craiglist kind of sites like:
    www.marktplaats.nl for the Netherlands
    www.kapaza.be for Belgium

I'm sure that if you post it on this board and/or Pelican, you will get to the majorityof the EU oversees buyers to.
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674