Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins Glen Vintage Series 6/10-13

Watkins Glen Vintage Series 6/10-13

Any + All
    Planning on going to this from Boston. Porsche is the featured marque ,but the
    event seems like a best kept secret. Haven't found much detail on the track site. Does anyone know the inner machinations/schedule/features/highlights?
    Thanks,
    50/50

Watkins Glen Vintage Series 6/10-13

Anyone out there?

Yes, there are a few out here.
    I'll be there as will Jim Garfield. Arriving friday am.
    646-717-6449. Let us know your contact, and we'll look forward to meeting.
    Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

I'm thinking of driving down from Montreal, any others ?

The entry list is short, I'm wondering if it's not updated or because the participation is very low ??

www.legendsofmotorsports.com

Regards
    JD

HSR originally had this date at Watkins Glen, and I raced in many of those events in previous years.

I remained unconvinced that the Legend's racing series will work. They make an entry jump through a lot of paperwork before allowing an entry (although you've sent in a $700 entry).

Racers always complain about something , but this group has many racers complaining about the organization.

The entry list has ~66 cars shown as entered, but I know a few of those have pulled out. They only have eight Porsches entered into an event that features Porsche as the featured marque (and I know one that pulled out).
    http://www.legendsofmotorsports.com/...IEntryList.pdf

I'd rather go to the U.S. vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen in September.
    http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.ns...P?OpenDocument

It always has 200-300 racing cars.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

The last event at Barber was run and organized alot better than some of the other Vintage series. If HSR had not decided to run it's own event this weekend, the entry list might have been larger. They still have almost double the entries that are going to Hutchinson Island this weekend. I guess all the complaints are that it is run professionally and all the paper work has to be correct and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    The last event at Barber was run and organized alot better than some of the other Vintage series. If HSR had not decided to run it's own event this weekend, the entry list might have been larger. They still have almost double the entries that are going to Hutchinson Island this weekend. I guess all the complaints are that it is run professionally and all the paper work has to be correct and accurate.
    I heard all about Barber. The had a about 69 entries and about 49 cars finished the final races? There were a total of three Porsches at the race track that is a Porsche track (they even have a Porsche school here).
    http://barbermotorsports.com/porsche-sport.php

Yes, there are 15 more cars at Watkins Glen (a world-class race track) than at Hutchinson Island (an unknown track to most guys).

I just stated that I am unconvinced. I can change my mind when I see and hear better feedback. I was promised a phone call this weekend from someone at WG.

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    If HSR had not decided to run it's own event this weekend, the entry list might have been larger.
    Hey! It's kinda the other way around, isn't it? HSR has run an event that weekend for at least the last several years. Being the "new kid on the block", maybe Legends should have found another weekend.

Historic Motorsports Productions LLC (HMP) is a business partnership dedicated to staging premium historic racing events and related lifestyle experiences under the Legends of Motorsports brand at premiere North American venues.
    I don't understand further splintering vintage racing...fewer cars is not better.

Maybe the "related lifestyle experiences" make up for the missing cars?
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

Well, we are here, and a fun day it was. Bumped into John Starkey about half an hour ago. Less cars ... definitely ... but quality of what's here is worth the trip. Swiss Championship RSR is really nice as is Lucky Star Wally's Jeans RSR.
    Apparently the Jagermeister RSR crashed yesterday, so we missed that one. Must give Larry Sorgi a call now.
    We're at Seneca Lodge. Rustic .... not the word for it ... but cool bar .... lots of patina and history.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown