Thread: FS: 2004 custom Ultima GTR

FS: 2004 custom Ultima GTR

SOLD!

Not a P-car, but it does have a Porsche transaxle, so I hope it will be allowed in this forum. I am offering my Ultima GTR for sale, and there may be someone on the forum who is in the market for such a car. I know some of you have seen it (or even run with it) on the track.

You can check the manufacturer's website for basic specs and details on this Lee Noble designed mid-engined supercar: http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Default.aspx

2004 Ultima GTR (First registered in 2005)
    Aprox. 3060 Miles since new.
    Street legal race car--California licensed and registered under SB100 – No smog ever required in California. Title in hand.

Options:
    Suspension
    • Full Heim-jointed, unequal length double A-arm suspension w/ alloy uprights in LM25 alloy (heat treated to TX)
    • Bespoke front hubs machined from a solid billet of 24T steel
    • New Kodiak Racing Wheels (17x9.5 and 18x12)
    • Nearly new Michelin Pilot sport cup tires (245x40x17 & 345x30x18)
    • Second set of Kodiak wheels with roadrace compound slicks (16x10 & 16x12)
    • Custom Ohlins double adjustable coilover shocks w/ remote reservoirs ($7K upgrade, plus spare springs)
    • Safety wiring on critical bolts
    • Front and rear adjustable ARBs

Interior
    • Removable Momo steering wheel w/ IR wireless remote for horn and turn signals
    • Custom fiberglass center console
    • Complete custom leather interior
    • Leather race seats with lumbar support
    • 5 point harnesses
    • Fire extinguisher mounted in front of passenger seat for DEs

Motor
    • 5.7L custom-built LSx V8 engine with CNC heads, Patriot valvetrain (430hp at the wheels/390 torque) built and dyno-tuned by Synergy Motorsports at Infineon Raceway
    • 224/228 X-ER camshaft (mild idle)
    • Patriot CNC LS6 heads with extreme valve springs
    • Titanium retainers
    • Fast 90 intake and 90mm throttle body.
    • Dry-sumped w/ 15 qt. polished aluminum reservoir and SS braided lines
    • Engine looks great and can pass for show quality
    • Drives like stock (Idle is great, starts and runs smoothly)
    • 91 Octane is fine - 25 MPG in 5th at cruising speed
    • Air Conditioning blows cold w/ 3-stage fan (heater is also there but I disconnected it for So Cal use)
    • California Motorsports prepared & inverted G50 transaxle with custom ratios
    • Steel syncros
    • Billet forks and side cover
    • Cable side shift kit
    • 80% LSD
    • Gearing for 202 MPH (2400RPM at 70MPH)
    • Specially manufactured drive shafts are made in S155 steel capable of taking up to 1000bhp.
    • Oil Cooler
    • Remote filter
    • 2.5” exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers in Jet Hot coated mild steel.
    • 96db without Supertrapps - 86db with (Quiet)

Chassis
    • Alloy sports rack and pinion 2.4 turns lock to lock
    • Custom two-tone silver/blue fade paint scheme ($15K in paint alone w/ $2500 in 3M film protection)
    • FIA rated roll cage integrated w/ chassis from the factory.
    • Twin Aluminum fuel tanks covered in Rhino lining for durability (18 gallons)
    • Ultima AP racing brake upgrade w/ adjustable brake bias and SS lines
    • Ultima uprated radiator with custom uprated fans – car will not overheat even in stop and go 100F traffic.
    • Two sets of pads (race and street)
    • Ultima carbon fiber dual-element rear wing
    • Front-mounted PC925MJ Odyssey drycell lightweight battery

Built to a high standard, and it is in perfect shape. It weighs 2350 lbs. wet, yielding a 5.5 lbs./HP ratio (which is in GT-2 territory), with tons of low-end torque. It is very solid, reliable, and quick. I have put only 600 miles on it in the last 2 1/2 years, mostly street miles with 3 track days and 5 autocrosses during that time. It took several TTOD awards and can run with any Porsche built, right up to a well-driven Cup car, at a much lower maintenance cost. A forged LS3 replacement long block can be had for $3500 and easily built to the 600-700 HP level if desired, or bolt in a 505 HP LS7 crate motor for $13k. Compare that with a $25k REFRESH of a GT3 Cup motor and you'll know why I went this route.

In the last two years, I have added a $500 windshield protection film and removed the windshield wiper, since I never drive it in the rain. I also added a transaxle oil temp gauge to make sure it did not need a tranny lube cooling system, but never saw temps high enough to worry about. It has had a full 4-wheel alignment and corner balancing by Steve Grosekemper at Dieter's in San Diego.

More detailed pics of it are in my Photobucket account and you can view them here: http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh104/tweedt/Ultima/

Asking price is $75,000 USD. Please email or PM me with any questions.

Thx,
    TT
    Last edited by ttweed; 10-03-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: sold
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

I'm not in the market for one of these right now but I have read about them extensively and think I will do one someday after the kids are off to college and work slows down a bit.

Would love to talk about your ownership and driving experience some time.

I didn't find mention of A/C in your description. Does your car have it? Thanks.

Jim H.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhuiz View Post
    I didn't find mention of A/C in your description. Does your car have it? Thanks.
    Jim-

Yes it has A/C that blows cold air. It is listed under the "motor" section of the specs above, which maybe isn't the best place for it to be, but the compressor is part of the front engine accessory group run by the serpentine belt. The condensor is mounted in one of the sidepod vents.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

Last edited by ttweed; 03-21-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!

More motivated to sell this at the moment due to acquisition of another track car. Will sell it for $70K between now and April 15, 2011, and include free enclosed transport to anywhere between San Diego and Atlanta, GA.

Thx,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Read my surf novel!