Thread: FS/FT 1967 Vintage Race Car

FS/FT 1967 Vintage Race Car

Due to shifting priorities (two year old at home and planning on another) I have come to the sad conclusion that I will probably not make many vintage races in the foreseeable future. My choices are to either sit on this car, finish the restoration for the rare event I’m able to get to, OR find a new home for it and let someone else get maximum use/enjoyment out of it.

This car was built from a 912 as a dedicated vintage racer in the early and mid 90's, built to the CP configuration for the local RMVR club. It has not been raced since then. I picked the car up last year as a project with the thought of completing a ground up restoration over the winter for this year races - it never happened. I have (or will complete in the following weeks) all of the necessary mechanical, suspension, etc. work. The only item left to complete is the bodywork and paint. I have ALL parts to complete. This car will be a perfect starter for any vintage racing organization or very fast and capable DE car.

Body/Chassis
    o Fiberglass S front bumper
    o Fiberglass front fenders
    o Fiberglass R rear bumper
    o New windshield
    o Stock glass quarter windows
    o GT Racing plexiglass rear window
    o Fiberglass headlight covers
    o Brand new in packages COMPLETE body weatherstrip pieces
    o New correct professionally built roll cage

Suspension
    o Complete SC front suspension upgrade including steering rack.
    o Rebuilt S calipers with new Hawk pads and new rotors
    o New Dual circuit master cylinder and AP brake fluid reservoir
    o New wheel bearings and seals
    o New ball joints
    o Rebuilt and revalved Bilstein struts and shocks
    o 22MM Front and 28MM Rear Sway Away Torsion bars
    o Weltmeister adjustable front and rear sway bars
    o Custom fabricated adjustable spring plates
    o Elephant Racing front polybronze bushings
    o Weltmeister plastic racing bushings in the rear
    o All components fresh black powdercoating
    o 15x6 Flat Fuchs with 205/50 RA-1s with only 4 heat cycles
    o 15x7 Fuchs with 205/50 RA-1s with only 4 heat cycles

Engine/Transmission/Fuel/Oil
    o 2.0 liter S Spec Engine (P&C, Heads and Cams upgraded to S) using a type 911/07 case (recent leak down showed; #1 - 5%, #2 - 5%, #3 - 7%, #4 - 5%, #5 - 5%, #6 - 10%), Carrera chain tensioners, newly rebuilt Weber carbs, K&N filters, custom Flowmaster muffler setup, Holley Fuel pump, MSD 6AL box
    o 901 with short airport gears installed and new 915 shifter modified with Siene Systems gate shifter
    o Shift coupler and shift linkage rebuilt with new bushings
    o 15 gal Fuel Safe cell with new fuel lines, etc.
    o New professionally installed Peterson dry sump oil system with tank installed in smugglers box, etc.

Interior
    o Gutted, cleaned and painted flat black
    o New Sparco 6 point harness
    o Sparco Rev seat
    o BK seat back brace
    o Longacre mirror
    o Mesh window net
    o ESS 4-head fire suppression system
    o Big red oil light
    o Pro-Comp recordable tachometer
    o Momo Prototipo steering wheel

Other
    o Car can be corner balanced prior to sale
    o Car will be fine-tuned prior to sale: Valves checked, adjusted, Fresh oil, Fresh points, Fresh spark plugs
    o I have two local body/paint guys who could complete the work at a very reasonable cost
    o I also have available a 7541 Trailex aluminum trailer with all of the racing goodies if interested

I am asking $12,750 FIRM and will consider 911 trades.

Thanks for your time,
    Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have PM/e-mail
    KS
    Cornwall
    UK

Hi Sam
    Mail's not arrived.
    Hmmm...
    Cornwall
    UK

Pics received. Thanks!
    Cornwall
    UK

Lots of interest and questions

I wanted to address a couple of items that everyone has been asking about;

- Why did you buy this car and why are you selling? My goal with this project was to have a very fun and dependable race car for under $20K (try and find one out there with all the restoration effort at this price). No it will not compete with Klubsport cars, but who the hell cares - I can have the same fun and save myself $50K...BUT unfortunately I just will not have the necessary time required to enjoy its full potential. It does not make sense to me (and my wife) to have a nice car in the garage that is only used maybe 2-3 times a year.

- The car is presently not in a completed state. I am about 3-4 weeks out from completing the suspension/interior refresh. I am waiting on the powdercoating and Bilstein to ship back the struts and shocks. As stated in the detailed listing the car will be operable and ready for bodywork and paint as soon as the above items have been completed.

- The condition of the body is perfect for a race car, but is NOT concourse ready. At one time the left rear quarter panel has been replaced professionally as have the floor pans. There are still very minor rust areas (quarter size hole) of the floor but nothing structural. The major bodywork that is needed is outer and inner rocker replacement. I have all materials to fix both sides. Currently the car has a presentable Maaco respray that was completed by the previous owner (two years old). To be honest, if you do not care about having an absolutely perfect race car you could leave the paint as is and just complete the rocker replacement and respray that area. The fiberglass fenders and rear bumper are not painted. I also have a set of the steel fenders that are currently on the car which have the Maaco paint.

- I am open to offers and trades for a 1967 - 1994 911, which I will use as a weekend driver and maybe someday (if time permits) some DE's. If it does not sell then I will just finish it and keep it and try to race at a later time.

Thanks for your time.

Lower Price

A couple of weeks away from suspension being completed and a lowered price of $12,750 FIRM.

Trade

Please email me at pistonpat@charter.net. I'm interested in trading.

Pat