Thread: Walter Rohrl?

Wink Walter Rohrl?

I just read that Walter Rohrl didn't drive the GT3RS at the Nurburgring 24 hour race.

The car was driven by Chris Harris and two other drivers and it did finish 11th, while the Manthey 911 was hit by another car and sadly had to abandon while leading the race yet again!

Does anyone know why Rohrl pulled out?

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Back issues...

I'd heard, or read someplace, that Rohrl was having back problems - with two herniated discs in my own back, I can certainly relate...

Ya don't mess with a bad back! no fun...

Don't know how true this is in Walter's case, but that's what I heard...

cheers
    r/Thom
    www.pmletter.com
    automated, online classified Porsche ads...coming real soon

I also read his absence from the race was due to back problems.
    Here is a post from an owner of a new 997 GT3 RS through the European delivery program that coincided with the Ring’s 24hr race. The owner chronicles his European travels with many interesting photographs of the trip and many track side details of the race including conversations & rides with several local heroes.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ved-today.html
    Scroll down to the ~4th or 5th page of posts to get to the Ring info.

Here’s a recent article on Sabine Schmitz for Autoweek by the above owner.
    http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...e-schmitz.html

If ever there was a dream trip, this Ronan guy just lived it First he picks up a new GT3RS at the factory. Then he hangs out at the Ring 24Hr with Stuck, Rohrl and the Audi team. Then he tops it all off by hanging out with Sabine Schmitz

Thanks for the link.