Thread: WTB: Original Bendix fuel pump

WTB: Original Bendix fuel pump

Hi,

Does anybody have an original Bendix (German version) fuelpump for sale out of a 64-66 car?

Many thanks,

JK

What you can do

You can order a new Facet pump (they are even available in higher fuel delivery rates for updated engines). You can removed the fittings (disassemble the pump, it's easy, so you can blow out any refuse) and tap with a metric tap to take the banjo fitting connector. I've done this to two new pumps, it's easy. Finally, spray paint it silver, the new pumps are gold, and put on a Bendix label and you are good to go and with a brand new pump.

The isn't quite as much "meat" around the newly taped one, but there is plenty to seal, etc.

Or, you can gut an older pump, refinish and also install a second new pump of your choice in, say, the steering rack area, away from the heat.

An old pump is likely to be unreliable. That being said, the pump on the right is an old original pump which I've painted. One beauty of the banjo connector is that it is fairly easy to remove. That makes it pretty easy to replace your unreliable Bendix/Facet on the road.

The two Facet pumps I converted may not be that new as their internals are exactly the same (at least all the parts you can remove are) as the old Bendix. Someone told me Facets are now electronic or some such. So, I'm not 100% sure that today's facets work like the old Bendix. Maybe someone can chime in. Regardless, the pics of the newest Facets look like mine, so you should be able to retap the holes but if they don't come apart the same way, you'd have to be more careful with keeping metal out of the pump when taping.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images