Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New- 1973 only oil coolers - RS and S

New- 1973 only oil coolers - RS and S

Hi,

We have been fabricating several different items which are NLA from Porsche. We hope to get our web site finished soon but for now, here is one example a reproduction of the 1973 only wing mounted oil cooler as used on the RS and S. These are a very authentic replica.

Here is an original one on an RS we are restoring at the moment.

and our freshly finished reproduction.

a close up of some of the brackets, which are exactly the same as the originals (before being coated)

We now also make the sill mounted oil lines. These are the 74- version/ again before coating.

More stuff coming soon, such as twin coil and fuel pump brackets for anyone twin plugging, lightened fly wheels for 2 ltr motors, etc

Thanks for looking

Alan

member #1515
    Maybe in england you can use those trombone coolers, but here in the western hemisphere we all had to take those off. The shop that works on my car had about 30 of those hanging in the rafters. I can't belive there would be a shortage of those. By the way I don't think they had paint on them just a brass tube with no paint as far as I recall, the tubes also had no paint.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Pipes

I like those oil cooler lines......Yes....

They look nicely done and well made to me. I did take the trombone off my RS and added a factory cooler, and yes, oem ones are around, but it is good to know these can be had if needed.

Are you producing the front to rear lines for the RS?
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

You NEED to start reproducing 1972 front cooler lines...

'73 outers (I think) are still available but the inners (I think) are NLA ... although I might have that reversed.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words and info.
    In case it helps: 72, 73 and 74 oil systems are all different. All oil lines from rear to front are available new from Porsche, this includes the 72 set up. The only lines not available are the 69-71 lines, but the market for these is very limited.

RE 1973, those front trombone coolers are not the same as the later trombone style which can be easily found. We have 4 here, as they were used for many years.

You can buy all the 1973 oil lines, flexi pipes, even the one year only thermostat but you can not buy the “correct” front trombone cooler, these have been NLA for some time. I have seen a few used ones for sale but wanted new. This does make all these new parts you can buy from Porsche useless, unless you have front cooler. This is why we made a few.

EG, here is a 73 car we are also restoring at the moment. All parts are new from Porsche and as parts used needed to be factory 73 correct, this is the only correct cooler to use.

Here are some pics of new Porsche supplied 73 oil lines/thermostat.

HTH

Alan

Alan, when was the last time you checked front to back oil line availability from Porsche?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hi Marco,

I bought some 73 lines 4/5 weeks ago and checked the 72 lines (as I need some for my race car) about 3 weeks ago.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,
    nice parts as always...

Got this(modified) thermostat with different part # ???
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The man knows his stuff
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445