Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: '62 356S Notchback T6, #202247

Russ,

Actually the Emory car I'm thinking of is not the pumpkin race car, it's a personal car of Gary's that I'm trying to get pictures of.

I see on the Notchback website is a picture of a car that looks like what I was telling you would be some good options, it's the first listed 62 car. Here's a pic for the others who didn't click through to the site.

I wouldn't do the hood straps (I've done them in the past, and I don't particularly care for them anymore). But I think the GT deco looks good, I wouldn't do the side deco though. Painted rims vs chrome to keep the theme. Also like the Carrera 2 style wire grills in the place of stock horn grills.

I like your door card idea, you may want to continue using the plaid on the seats for the door cards as well (just a thought...). Maybe a rear seat delete and just run the squareweave back up through there as well. What color squareweave are you going to use?

In thinking of exhaust systems, what about a 4 cam look exhaust (the one w/ merged collector)? Or do the Carrera 2 style skirt with a twin outlet.

just my .02 running wild...

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't know of Gary Emory's personal car so look forward to pictures, Eric. I like the basket covers, but think the T6 fender line is different enough that they look oversize, per the pic below. Maybe different with the stock headlamps? And yeah, it's upside down 'cause it kept slipping while trying to photograph it. That example on the hardtop site is the inspiration for the stainless Carrera-style grills, though. Also some photos of the other bits accumulated, fresh instruments and a Ghost bass-drum pedal for the gas. This old steering wheel (made for Haan?) has a 356 hub, not sure if I'll use it or a nice 250 Ferrari wheel I have that would require some machine work. Likewise the horn button,
    the deluxe horn ring doesn't look right, though it's in better shape than this one.

The carpets are grey squareweave as original, will leave the rear seats out in favor of matched gray vintage leather luggage (green kidskin interiors!). Hadn't thought about using the tartan on the cards, but like the idea... maybe the pockets? I also like the GT decos, agreed on the rockers... but it's going bumperless for now. Need the bumper mounts up front for the huge Marchals. At first my plan was for plexi side windows, louvered rears and fixed fronts to eliminate the vent wings; not sure that's practical for Florida. For the Polo 4 engine I want to use a Carrera style exhaust that will need to be fabricated, for this torque monster the Abarth shin-killer seems to fit. I lucked out
    on the Techno-Magnesios as a friend had them from his Roadster, they're only 9.5 lbs and well made. Looked for years for real ones without success. Should be farther
    along in a couple of weeks, will post pix of finish work. Thanks again for the encouragement!
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

DynoDave

'62 Notch

Russ,

You have a great looking car. The color is awesome along with lazer straight bodywork. I can't wait to see the finished project! Very coooool.

Dave
    Member # 351

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Brooke, a Condor yellow notch was for sale in the LA area in 2008, it's listed on the 356 Hardtop site. Yours? Check the "unidentified" page here:

http://www.notchbacks.org/index.php
    Thanks for the link. I had not seen that website before. I doubt that one on the unidentified is my old car, as mine was a single grill T5 and not an S.
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

another project

looking this other project in UK
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30178

jlc
    69 912 BARN FIND......55Kmiles
    79 SC us import

1702 member

another project

looking this other project in UK
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30178

jlc
    69 912 BARN FIND......55Kmiles
    79 SC us import

1702 member

Russ,
    Do you have any updates on this project? I was just searching for carpets then I noticed the serial no.!

Here is my Dad's old car, being brought back to nice driver status before it goes on a cross-country odyssey to Maryland to live with my friend Paul. It was looking at your car's tail lights as it went down the line. #202248. One of 99 1962-Production Karmann Hardtops (there were a few 100 more T6 Notches made in '61). Way cool.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...6-project.html
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...356-found.html

My Dad's was originally a Black/Red Super. Still has a bunch of logs and documents from gas fillups(!) and it apparently only had 185 miles on it in 1967 (there is a log entry in a 5˘ notebook). Supposedly owned by Jack McAfee at Burbank Porsche+Audi, where my Dad was just starting as a tech in 1969 or so. Obviously the car was changed sometime (before I knew it) to Red/Black, leaving the original interior except for painting all the red vinyl black. Original drivetrain still there, 172k miles, basically no rust SoCal black plate car. An oldschool hotrod from back when.

Cheers
    Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

What a great story, Scott... and very honorable of Paul to give you the first opportunity when you can buy it back.
    A toast to that future. Amazing coincidence of #248, and both Supers! Hopefully when in your possession again
    it'll return to black w/red interior, a rare combination. Will finally get #247 from the trimmer and should be able to
    post finishing pics soon. Can't wait, it's been a long time since the car was on the road.

Cheers!
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

It seems like it will work great for everyone. The son of the owner (who died) got money for the car and had no interest in 356s or cars at all, I believe, so he was happy. Paul will get a great car to drive for as long as he wants basically, I know he is excited about that. Paul's friend gets/got to fix and drive it for about a year (since last spring) ! And then hopefully I get to drive it again some day, just got to save up the scratch. I think it's a win-win-win!

Look forward to seeing more photos of 247!

Best,
    Scott
    Last edited by YTNUKLR; 05-09-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

"I love Notch's...!"...me too.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314