Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for Toad Hall S-T pics or info

looking for Toad Hall S-T pics or info

As I hack away at my 72 S-T project, I'm interested in getting more info on the configuration pictured below. I see where another user also sought info on this in 2007 without luck.

The primary differences I can see are the centered hood fuel filler (versus none or right-side mounted hood filler) and the missing right grille. From my searches, I believe this is the only S-T configuration I've found with a centered hood filler(?)

Yes, I'm searching for a historical context to support the "legitimacy" of setting my car up with the filler located like this...recognizing that these cars were highly customized and perhaps there is no right way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For starters; lots of photos in these threads:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=ultimate

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...light=ultimate

Best of luck on the project.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Here are some pics I have saved of the Toad Hall car(s). The TH car from the 73 Daytona 24 shows no fuel filler throught the hood, large custom front air dam, and 9+11 Fuchs. STs were always being modified to gain an advantage over other competitors.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Is the yellow car the same car as the green one in the pic I posted?

I always thought the green one was a Kremer car and the Yellow was the Michael Keyser "Toad Hall" ST of Speed Merchants fame.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wink Gaby

See http://www.mealsandwheels.com/ and contact Gaby, the Kayser ST owner

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    I always thought the green one was a Kremer car and the Yellow was the Michael Keyser "Toad Hall" ST of Speed Merchants fame.
    My understanding was that there were two Kremer cars, a green and yellow, and there was the yellow Toad Hall car that may or may not also be the yellow Kremer car. In other words, I'm not sure if we are talking about 2 or 3 different VINs here.

My primary question is whether the rear flares on the yellow car with the center fill were configured to a full RSR/930 11" width equivalent at some point and if there are pics of that set up. It would be very nice if that were the case...

The 72 yellow Toad Hall ST and green Kremer ST ran with 9+11 Fuchs at Daytona 24 in 73 as seen in the pic plus the one you posted initially. They continued to use wider rear flares...most likely in 73 as the wider Fuchs became available. There was a yellow Kremer ST and Strahle ST in the day. The yellow Kremer did not use the wider 11 Fuchs in the rear that I have seen in period pics. They used Minilites, and they could have been 10" wide, not sure.

Once the 73 RSRs were available for customers to use, the STs were outdated, and not competitive so they mostly faded away from competition by the top teams. The Kremer ST and Toad Hall ST cars were several seconds slower per lap than the Brumos and Penske RSRs that ran in 73.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here is a front shot of that #15 Toad Hall car. The rear flares (barely peeking out) are definitely not factory flares, and have been widened to accept up to 11x15 Fuchs.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17