Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Becker Europa Stereo faceplate for universal (non-DIN) unit

Exclamation WTB: Becker Europa Stereo faceplate for universal (non-DIN) unit

Earlier this week I bought a restored Becker Europa stereo unit with the aux input cable from Becker AutoSound. It's the universal, non-DIN type and so doesn't have the pinstriped faceplate as seen on those. Rather it looks much like the one Flunder posted in this thread: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=6365

There's a minor problem in that the radio came to me with a faceplate for an AM/FM non-stereo Becker Monza. When I asked Tom @ Becker AutoSound about it, he replied that they no longer had any in stock and that they were a rare item. He told me he'd keep an eye out for one and suggested I post here and over at the bird ISO one.

So if anyone has a small universal faceplate for a Europa stereo - or even a Europa II stereo - and is willing to part with it, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ed
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

bump......
    ESR #1474

Your best bet is in Germany: http://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.de/

I've bought from them for many years, if you don't find what you need, ask them and they should be able to help you.

Regards
    Manuel

I sent them an e-mail inquiry. Thanks for the lead.
    ESR #1474

Quote Originally Posted by Withers View Post
    You also might want to try Becker Autosound in New Jersey - I just bought a replacement faceplate for my Becker Europa from them.
    Please reread the original post. I bought the radio from them and they did not have the correct plate for it.

Koenigs Klassik doesn't have one either; they tried to sell me a non-stereo Frankfurt which I already have for the car.

Here's a photo of what I have, along with a Europa Stereo faceplate for the DIN unit (also a Europa TG faceplate). The DIN faceplates are very common but of course not what this unit requires.

ESR #1474

Somebody has to have one of these laying around. Please help Ed out after I failed him!
    -- Matt
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Matt: No worries, thanks for the effort.

Raj: I have the original non-stereo Frankfurt for my car; it was included in the sale. The car currently has a later Blaupunkt Aspen AM/FM stereo cassette unit installed, which is only partially functional.

My plan is to install the new-to-me Becker with mp3 player aux input, and replace the blown single in-dash speaker with a pair of 3" stereo speakers in the same enclosure. The door panels (note I didn't say door pockets) are in such good shape that I don't want to install speakers in them, likewise for the rear shelf.

I have searched The Samba for these, so far to no avail. I've seen photos of the same faceplate on a Europa stereo installed in an Alfa of similar vintage. I'd hit the M-B boards but I know they all use the DIN units and the pinstriped faceplates.
    ESR #1474

Raj, understood as that's why I wrote that M-B folk wouldn't likely have universal mount Beckers.

I have a couple of leads on both sides of the Atlantic but nothing concrete as of yet.

Ed
    ESR #1474

Quote Originally Posted by Vwbobd View Post
    All were pinstriped DIN types when I checked. Thanks, I have a search in for them.
    ESR #1474