Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brumos Question

Brumos Question

In my continued investigation of my car's history I decided to contact the mothership. When I bought the coupe I was told the car was sold new in Omaha, NE. However, Porsche tells me that the car was delivered to Jacksonville, FL in the summer of '73. Was Brumos the only dealership in Jacksonville at that time? I have contacted Brumos and unfortunately their record retention process doesn't consider folks like me.

Any assistance or insight would be appreciated.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Hey,

This is not really a helpful response other than to tell you my car spent
    it's life in Savannah, Ga. The original owner of 20 years told me Brumos
    used to come to Savannah and bring his car to Jacksonville to service it.
    That's going the extra mile to service a car.

No value to you other than the dealership had some large tenticles across the south.

Dave
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/

why not post all the negative reponses we received when asking for historic info

Hi Dave,
    I cannot help you with your inquiry about Brumos. But I want to add my recent inquiry story, as it seems to be so familiar.
    My 1968 911 was probably a demonstrator car first owned by Group Schultz in Düsseldorf, this according to the Kardex.
    My first mail to them was returned telling me that it was in breach of private life if they were going to give me the asked information.
    Contacting a German friend who told me that indeed the car did belong to the Porsche Schultz dealership in Düsseldorf, and therefore no breaching whatsoever occurred when telling me what they knew. Then their answer was that they did not keep records for that long period of time.
    Now do the dealerships really do not care about those old cars? Do they not understand that people with old cars, buy or might have bought new ones? Do they intentionally play with our feed? Are we really that much pain in the a....?
    I was so appalled, by the way they made me clear that I was a fool, and by manifestly lying that I was considering selling the dam car. Fortunately I did not, but then again I didn't find out anything more on its first years in Germany.
    There might be other examples of denying us worthwhile information.
    JD

I may be mistaken but I think Jacksonville was the POE for Porsche at the time. So perhaps the car came into the Port of Jacksonville was delivered to the dealer, in this case Omaha , and was then sold.

Frank
    Frank
    65 356SC/SR...sold after 20 great years.
    72 911 S
    84 930 Factory Slantnose.
    2018 Panamera Sports Turismo

Quote Originally Posted by fc356 View Post
    I may be mistaken but I think Jacksonville was the POE for Porsche at the time. So perhaps the car came into the Port of Jacksonville was delivered to the dealer, in this case Omaha , and was then sold.

Frank
    Frank,

You may very well be correct. However, I am confused by the information that they provided me. Here it is...

type 911534=911S Coupe 5-speed
    engine 633XXXX
    gearbox 730XXX
    dealer UJ=Jacksonville
    date of invoice 01.June'73
    color 4040=aubergine
    interior 16=leatherette black,seats leather black,seatinlays perforated
    tires Pirelli
    options G03(groupnumber contains 559=cooling system,568=colored windows) and 482=light for engine-compartment

I know a little bit about databases and the title dealer could very well be destination. It looks like I will never know as my paperwork only goes back to '78 and I have been unsuccessful in reaching the second owner to find out who the first owner was.

Regards,

Dave
    Registry Member #1583

So, is there any way to find out the dealer that sold a car originally? My COA was filled with errors until I had it recently re-issued. Unfortunately, the new doc still doesn't have a dealer or MSRP listed.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Dealer Records

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    So, is there any way to find out the dealer that sold a car originally? My COA was filled with errors until I had it recently re-issued. Unfortunately, the new doc still doesn't have a dealer or MSRP listed.
    Kent

I went as far as submitting a request to Porsche to identify the receiving Dealership. Unfortunately, only the city and state were identified in the records so the trail went cold.

Good luck.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583

What Happened?

I was told by a friend that someone posted and removed information about a dealer in Omaha, NE called Novak Porsche? Did anyone else see this phantasm? I would love to learn more about the dealership.

Thanks.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583

Novak

Quote Originally Posted by popowitz View Post
    . . . I was told by a friend that someone posted and removed information about a dealer in Omaha, NE called Novak Porsche? Did anyone else see this phantasm? I would love to learn more about the dealership . . .
    Very interesting outfit --- and one of the very-few dealerships that sold US cars alongside imports, back then . . .

From the '68 + '69 PDLs . . .

911/902/2
    Novak Cadillac
    2525 Dodge Street
    Omaha, NE 68131

. . . becoming Novak Porsche Audi for '72 . . .

. . . one year only, as far as I can tell

A Salvation Army donation center occupies that address, today

We Can Be Heroes

Porsche of Germany told me my car was sold by a dealer in Columbus Ohio. That's all they could tell me.

Richard Newton