Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russet/Brown sport seat pics...anyone?

Russet/Brown sport seat pics...anyone?

Anyone have pics they can post of '73 sport seats (w/inserts) that would match a dark brown (Russet) color interior? I'm pondering replacing my standard leatherette seats, but I've rarely seen any Recaros that match my interior (they're usually black)...

Thanks for the help.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Lars (larwik) has a pair in his stunning 73.5 CIS car. Hopefully he can post a pic for you.
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Russet Sport Seats

Shane at Vintage Air Cooled sold a beautiful, all original 911 with russet interior and sport seats this spring. Here is his website. He had very detailed pictures of the sport seats, email him and he may still be able to send them to you.

http://www.vintageaircooledmotors.com/index.html

Also, Darron aka NiceT on this board I think has russet seats with houndstooth inserts in his car, and may even have some core sport seats and material for restoring the seats for sale. Here is a thread including a picture of his seats.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...wn+houndstooth

Good luck.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Well I thought I'd revive this post as I'd like to see russet and three color houndstooth sport seats too. I have that standard interior and a set of correct 73 sport seats and the center fabric for Autobahn to do the restoration. I'm defiantely not interested in parting with the sport seats but Tony rebuilt my original seat internals and they are soooooo nice I can't justify the expense of the sport seat resto. In fact Tony apparently now has a stash of the three color material too. I know the russet color can not be well matched in vinyl now so will opt for leather and do the door panels if a color match is dead on. I believe Jeff Smith has tan sport seats in a 73 E with the same three color hounds tooth but I could not find the related post to show the photos. Jeff, Bob, anyone able to post this photo?

Daron

Tan Vinyl/Houndstooth

Darron, here's a link to Jeff's old car with tan/houndstooth on the E Registry

http://www.911e.org/microsite.php?9113200707

Sorry, I couldn't get it resized to fit here.

Hope things are going well. The engine is "theoretically" being dropped in today.

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green

I just clicked over and went thru the description of the white 911E in the link above, and the part about the car's engine having been "green tagged" in the factory for higher output engine? Is that true? Isn't that why Porshe made the 911S engine, so that people could have a higher output engine than the 911E that was offered?
    Never heard about green tagging at the factory. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

These are brown sport seats (69-71)without Houndstooth... Not tan.. The photo shows them lighter in color than they actually are.

Gruen911.. Green tagging is true.. I have a documented 69S with the same . The car was intended for racing from new by the customer.

Regards, robert
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Brown Sport Seats

Robert, those seats are just a work of art. I really like the combination of perforations on the bolsters and basketweave on the inserts. That's the way my original seats are configured in my '71T, but the brown takes it to a higher level than black.

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green

Robert, yes those seats sure are pretty! They look like their original, never recovered, and quite literally almost perfect! Wow!

Eric

:-( they looked better in my home !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß