Thread: 2010 911 & Porsche Classics Issue

2010 911 & Porsche Classics Issue

Well, the 2010 Classic Porsche "volume 2", the one that comes from 911 and Porsche world, came out June 10th according to an ad in the June 2010 magazine. It's the one with the Ruf's on the cover. I got the first one last year at Borders, where I seem to find all my Porsche rags. I can't find a copy of this magazine and I've been to 3 Borders so far: Kalispell, Bozeman, and Reno. Anyone else having a problem finding this magazine? I'm getting frustrated.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Classic Porsche Magazine

Do you mean this one?

No "Ruff" on the cover but a 912 instead. I couldn't find the first issue (nor this one) in the stores up here (Canada). I had to subscribe to get it.
    Let me know if you want the contact details.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's expensive for U.S. buyers. E27 for four issues.

http://www.911porscheworld.com/mepas...c_Porsche.aspx

That's the one. Thanks Vintage for the link, you beat me to it

In the current 911 and Porsche world, the ad for it is on page 82, slightly different cover. It's a UK publication, so they may change it due to country of distribution. I'm hoping not to have to order it, and get it off the rack. It just seems to be hard to find this year.
    It's pretty cool to see some dedicated old school print, along with the Esses of course.

Classic Porsche

The four issue subscription cost me a grand total of $40.76 after currency conversion. The European Porsche magazines cost between $13-$14 per issue locally so the total cost is a little less when you subscribe. The best thing though is with a subscription you get your hands on it at least two weeks earlier and you don't have to go from store to store looking for it.
    As was the case with issue one, these magazines never appeared in stores around my neck of the woods so the only way to get it was to order it on-line.

P.S. I was little disappointed with the second issue. Not one article on early 911's. Even if I had known that ahead I still would have forked over the cash to get it anyway

Well that's good to know, thanks. I have one more place to look before I give up, but I wont lose sleep now if I don't find one.
    I still like going to Borders though. It gives me the opportunity to look at other rags like Roundel, Forza, etc. Sometimes you see an article that grabs your attention.

Just for clarification, when I said that there were no articles on early 911's what I meant was that there were no articles on long hoods.

OUCH, that's even worse

Try Barnes and Nobles. Vol 1 gave them as a place in the US to buy.

To subscribe I called them up and it was about $40 USD. It only took 5 minutes to take my order and now I don't have to hunt around for it. Easy.

Cheers - David

We'll do, thanks David.