Thread: minilites - would it look strange?

minilites - would it look strange?

To have 15x7 minilites in the rear and deep sixes in front on a factory flared 71? I love the way they look on the ST setup but how about with standard flares?
    1982 PCA club racing #372 D-Stock
    Registry #1595

I vote strange, I do like minilites on all four corners.
    Rob Abbott

Sean....

I still think it would look great.
    Go for it if you want to.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Go with it, dude.

It's like changing your shoes ... if you don't like 'em you just put on a different pair.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

mix n match

Sean....I think it could look a bit hot rod/r gruppe.......go for it.

I think the set-up you describe above would look outstanding with a stock body, but if I were you, I would put the emphasis on aestethics and looks aside momentarily and first determine precisely which offset and spacer combination will be required for the new wheel / tire combo, in order for them to fit properly in the rear wheel wells with the non-stock sized rear tires you are no doubt planning to run.

If you don't do your homework before you purchase and mount the wheels, ( including a call to Harvey Weidman or picking the brains of other forum members who have done similar rear wheel size-modifications ) I submit there's a likelyhood you'll encounter problems with the tires rubbing the inside of the fenders, the inside lip, and possible clearance problems with the oil cooler lines inside the rear wheel well ( if your car is thus outfitted ).

The deep sixes on the front were standard and should present no problem at all, but a little research re the proposed rear wheel / tire set-up will save you frustration and needless hassle.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers