Thread: A guy in my garage complex owns a real C Type Jag.

A guy in my garage complex owns a real C Type Jag.

Met him last fall here in Munich Germany for the first time when he pulled into the garage in an early 50's XK120 SE coupe (*rally prepped). I knew then that he had some taste in cars and pretty deep pockets. Talked to him a few times after that and found out he had an Austin Healey as well and a 73 E-Type V12 convertible. Okay, nice, but not a big deal. Then yesterday evening I found myself behind a an early 50's silver english looking race car yesterday while taking my 73T coupe for a quick spin with a friend. I pulled up next to the guy and it turns out its my friend from the parking garage in his silver C Type. That's right - C Type! Kudos to the guy: The car had mud all over the wheel wells like he had been doing donuts in a muddy field... Gotta get a ride in that thing. Don't have any pic's unfortunately. Will try to get some someday and post them.
    BTW, I assume all of the C Types were aluminum, so they had no paint? His looked like a well worn silver? I am guessing it was just worn aluminum.

C Type

Hagerty's price guide has the C type at between 1.8M and 3.25M depending on condition. I am stunned and appreciative that your neighbor (AKA "Deep Pockets") is mud womping in a million dollar car. Please post pictures when you can.

Regards,

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

The majority, if not all of them, were painted. BRG was predominant, but there was ecosse blue, light green, etc
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Did your neighbor's C-type look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    Did your neighbor's C-type look like this?
    It could be this car. Where was this photo taken? Building behind the car looks like Munich...

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Where was this photo taken?
    Photo was taken by Patrick Paternie in Partenen, Austria during the '08 Silvretta Classic Rally. I like the bare alloy look...

That's incredible! Although are you sure that this is a genuine one? For some reason, the one in the picture looks a little off. The front end and wheels look a little different than what I had imagined, but then again I'm not too knowledgable over C-types. I've heard of many very good C-type replicas out there, so there could be a possiblity that is one. If it is a real one, then good for him driving it the way he did. These cars were brute racecars and werent meant to be sitting in showrooms. I really wish I could come across a neighbor that had old Jaguars, not to mention a C-type!

They're must be some tradeoffs to driving them...since they were never really intended for the street.

But to see one next to you on the road...would be pulse pounding.

www.mcqueenonline.com/jaguarxkss.htm