Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Chrono Heritage

Wink Tudor Chrono Heritage

A few Tudor Heritage watches finally arrived on Friday at the Geneva Rolex store. A very nice watch, comfortable and well-made.

They come with a choice of black or grey dial, both offered with two straps, a metal one and a multicolored fabric strap. The grey dial is closer to the original 1968 Monte Carlo Tudor:

Tudor used a partnership with Porsche to promote this watch, the video even features a beautiful 910:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uS_OdsTz2o

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

A cool watch. I first saw it on Morgan Jones's vintage Tudor website. I think that he offered a quick look at the time of the Baselworld 2010

http://www.tudorcollector.com/ Click on his blog.

I have no information on pricing, but it's certainly less expensive than the original which has become quite pricey.

The dealer mark-up on these pieces is so huge that it's well worth waiting till some original buyer tires of it and then offers it up on Timezone or such.

Thanks,

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this Tudor blog, it explains the Tudor's chronos history very well. Here in Switzerland it retails for just under $ 4.000.

The store manager told me that, contrary to Rolexes, they will supply as many as possible and as quickly as possible. This should limit the price increase we often see for new watches offered on secondary markets.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

It's been six years since Tudor watches were available in the US, so it's not likely that I'll soon see one on a wrist. Guess I'll have to travel to Switzerland.

Yes, Morgan has a very informational website on the history of the brand; He helped me to determine that I had a genuine '68 7016/0 Submariner when there were so many fakes being sold on Ebay and elsewhere. Trying to trace the history of small engineering changes, case markings and serial number history of Tudor is a bit like 356 Porsches - definitive timelines are a bit blurry around the edges.

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Cool watch!

PS: I wonder if the Tudor 'Tiger' (the poorman's Daytona) watches have come down in price in the last year or so ..... If I could find one cheap enough, I'm sure I could modify the dial with some judiciously-applied paint remover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Drive it like you stole it Ghost Chaser's Avatar

bezel 1-2-3?

hi thomas,

did you buy one? how is the bezel relevant? the 7032 made more sense.

cheers,
    rich
    Rich

Early S Registry Member #1394.

It's nobody's business what cars I own. I will tell you one thing though, they're air cooled and I beat 'em like they owe me money.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. -- Mario Andretti

Wink Bezel

Hi Rich,

Yes I did buy one, and I love it. It's not too large and quite comfortable. I underbid an original Tudor last year but it made close to $ 15.000! This is quite cheaper and easier to wear daily.

The Bezel is to keep track of the hours, as the two registers are for minutes (left) and seconds (right).

If I understand correctly, the same bezel was conceived for the original watch but it was cheaper to use the Daytona case with the fixed tachymeter.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Cool watch!

PS: I wonder if the Tudor 'Tiger' (the poorman's Daytona) watches have come down in price in the last year or so ..... If I could find one cheap enough, I'm sure I could modify the dial with some judiciously-applied paint remover.
    Curt, you need to go pre-Tiger. I've got an old "Big Block" like this one. It's a great watch...small wrists need not apply though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Drive it like you stole it Ghost Chaser's Avatar

bezel

hi thomas,

very nice purchase. it looks right on your wrist. i'm a vintage watch guy, so i like that look very much. let me get this straight though, to keep track of the hours, does the bezel rotate? if not, how does it work? BTW i was in geneva the other day.... 35.5C! it gets hot at your end of the lake!

cheers,
    rich
    Rich

Early S Registry Member #1394.

It's nobody's business what cars I own. I will tell you one thing though, they're air cooled and I beat 'em like they owe me money.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. -- Mario Andretti

Wink

Unbelievably hot....don't even want to drive the cars....apparently le Mans Classic was also under extreme heat last weekend....

On my way to Marrakech this morning...I suspect it will be even worse.....

In any case, yes the bezel rotates.

So before you start the stopwatch you turn the arrow on the bezel on top of the hour hand, the bezel indicates the number of hours that went by when you stop the stopwatch.

Can't say I use the stopwatch daily...but it does seem to work!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com