Thread: FS: '68 911T 2.0 complete engine - non-running

FS: '69 911T 2.0 complete engine - non-running

Looking for an engine to rebuild? Well, do I have the engine for you!

1969 911T 2.0 complete engine, carbs, exhaust, etc... seized, non-running. Sold as is, with all you see in the pictures.

$1,000.00 obo

Buyer to arrange shipping and handling.

please do not PM, but email me at schandelson at gmail dot com with questions or offers.

EDIT: my bad, it's a 69, I forgot but the question about the weber's below reminded me.

EDIT 2: Engine serial number - 6197046
    also, the carbs are not webers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Engine

Please provide the location and serial number of the engine. As well as any history if you have it.

Thanks.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Are you sure the carbs are Weber and not Zenith?

Good luck w/ your sale.

Richard

First off, as edited above, it's a 69. I forgot until the question about Webers - the 69 911T came with Webers.

[wrong]

The engine is in the shop of my mechanic in Seeley Lake, MT. I have emailed him to get me the serial number and I will post it as soon as he gets it to me.

As for history, I know very little. My family has had the car it came out of since 2000, before then I know nothing. It has been in storage for 7 of the last 10 years, and it was only out of storage for 2 weeks this time before the engine seized/ceased functioning. I do not know why or what lead to that.

I'll try to answer any other questions you have, either here or through email.

Those are Zenith carburetors. The auxiliary fuel inlets are on the side plus the linkage arms are different than the Webers.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Well the linkage is quite different from my 1970 911T with Zeniths, but be that as it may, I am no expert in carbs... I was pretty sure they were Webers, both because the '69 came with Webers, but also because they have Weber stamped on the side... I have asked my mechanic whose shop it is in to verify...

Which leads me to this: the mechanic is still on vacation from the 4th and will not be back until Tuesday or Wednesday, the 13th or 14th. I will edit and bump this post at that time with the serial number, verification of the make of carbs, and any other information requested here.

Thanks.

As you experts identified, they are not Webers - my bad. But it is a 69.

Engine serial number - 6197046

let me know if there are other questions.